8 .

" Mr. Banks! ", a guy with a group following him called out. They walked over to us and shook Deion's hand, " I'm glad you could make it. "

They continued talking but I tuned them out as I looked around the dinner party. There's a lot of people here, I didn't know it was going to be this crowded. Deion told me it was going to be like a little gathering type thing.

" You straight? ", Deion questioned causing me to stop looking around. I nodded and followed him as he started walking to a table. Every seat had a name card with a name on it.

I spotted my name but didn't see Deion's.

" Where's your name? ", I frowned. I don't know anybody else here and if I'm not sitting with Deion, who am I supposed to talk to?

He walked around to the other side of the table. He pulled out his chair and sat, " At least we at the same table. " I sat in my chair and eyed the things that were on the table. The plates and everything looked expensive, like plates you're not supposed to eat off of that are only for show.

A guy pulled out a chair next to me and sat down. He looked over at me. " I love your dress! ", he cheered. He scooted up to the table and I smiled, " Thank you. " He kept looking me over, I didn't know what to do so I just stared at him.

" Have you ever considered modeling? "

I shook my head, " No. " He thought for a while, " And why not..? I think you'd make a lot of money. You're pretty, you have a good average height, nice body... I think you could go far. "

I looked over at Deion and he wasn't even paying attention. I chuckled nervously, " Really? " He nodded and dug into his bright blue dress suit jacket and pulled out a card. He held it out to me, " Call me if you're interested. I would love for you to fashion off some of my clothes... maybe even help me design a few pieces. "

I grabbed the card and smiled putting it in my purse. I couldn't picture myself modeling, I feel like it's not as easy as it looks. Plus, I don't wanna overwhelm myself. Modeling and being an assistant could be a lot for me to do at once.

Since Deion's been letting me into meetings now, I've been hearing the things that's really been going on that I didn't know before. Everything is starting to sound like what my brother was caught up in and I feel there's a connection but Deion claims he didn't even know I had a brother.

I've been trying to do research but I keep hitting dead ends, so I gave up on it.

I wonder what the modeling job is going to pay, maybe doing both wouldn't be a bad idea money wise. Anything at this point that could help go to my moms bill.

Deion smacked his lips as he looked towards the entrance. I looked back and I saw Trell walking in with Boogie.

" I didn't know they were coming... ", I whispered turning back around to Deion. " Cause they wasn't supposed to. " He stood up as they came up to the table. Boogie took a seat next to Deion and Trell took an open seat next to me.

" Y'all niggas cant sit here. They got name tags on the seats. ", Deion pointed out. Trell shrugged, " I don't give a fuck, they not gone put me out. "

He turned to me and licked his lips. I tried to hide my smile and looked away. Trell is cute and funny but, I don't really know how I feel about him. I wanna like him but I just... can't.

" You look good bae. ", he complimented. " You do too. " Boogie gagged and I made a confused face at him, " Are you about to throw up? "

𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐂𝐋𝐔𝐁जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें