10 .

" You're gonna have to grow up one day son. You're not gonna be 7 all ya life. Shoot him Deiontae! "

POW POW

I gasp and look around the room intensively. I try to slow my breathing and I notice Kaycee laying on my chest sleep. I don't even remember falling asleep to be real, the last thing I remember was we finished the movie so we turned on another one.

I start trying to sit up and she wakes up a little. I wipe the sweat from my face and look over at her. She rubs her eyes and looks up at me. I turn away from her and start trying to get out of the bed.

She grabs my arm, " Deion what's wrong..? I shake my head, " Nothing, watch out. " She continues to hold on to my arm. I sigh.

" Tell me what's wrong. ", she continued to probe. " Nothing yo, go back ta sleep. It's late. ", I tell her snatching my arm from her. I grab my cane and slowly push myself up off the bed. My side don't hurt as much as it did yesterday but it still hurts like a bitch.

I make my way to the bathroom. Ain't no way Ima be able to go back to sleep so, Ima just get ready for the day. I gotta lot of shit to do since I was down in the hospital anyways.

" Deion. ", Kaycee called out knocking on the bathroom door. I shook my head, why she don't listen?

I ignored her and start undressing. I winced as I pulled my shirt over my head. I looked at my stitched up cut in the mirror. Nigga must've had an exotic, extra large knife because my cut is big eshit...

Kaycee starts knocking again so I swing the door open and look down at her, " What yo? You being annoying. " She stared at my cut for a while before she said anything.

" I just wanna make sure you're okay... I didn't know if your side was hurting because I was kind of laying on it- ", she finally started saying. I shook my head, " Nah, it wasn't that yo. I just needed to get up and get shit going. I got stuff I needa catch up on."

" Okay. ", she nodded and walked off back to the bed. I closed the door and finished undressing and hopped in the shower.

I wanna tell her about my nightmares and I've been wanting to since I was staying at her house... but if I do, nothings gonna change so what's really the point? What's the point of re-bringing up memories I wanna forget about just for nothing to change?

The nightmares keep ending off at the same part when the gun went off and then I wake up. It gotta mean something, I just don't know what it means...

•••

" Can I tell you sum..? ", I grab Kaycees moms hand and she held my hand tight. I relaxed in the chair and sighed, being here talking to her made me feel safe. I used to always come to her for my problems and she would always help me.

" What's going on... ", she mumbled. " I'm having these nightmares that only happen certain nights... like some nights I get them, some nights I only get a part of the nightmare, and some nights I don't get anything at all. "

She didn't say anything so I kept talking, " Like last night, I was laying with Kaycee and it's like she helps the nightmares even though I still have them... and when I wake up I'm not as scared and shit because I know she's laying by me. "

" Then I think you're telling the wrong person Deion... you need to explain this and your nightmare to Kaycee. ", she started. " I know it may seem like she can't really tell you something and they'll go away but talking about it with someone can help and I feel like that someone needs to be her, not me. Kaycee can help you more than I can. "