14 .

THAT SAME NIGHT

I stop at the red light and look around. I'm on my way to Kaycee crib cause I wanna apologize. I feel like I was being hard on her but I still stand behind what I said. I get the situation with her mom and shit got her emotional but I don't like that she put her actions on me cause she felt like I was telling her what ta do... so I made sure to tell her how I felt about it.

She don't care about me as much as I care about her and that shit kinda hurts because I would really do anything to help her out. I ain't never really felt like this about nobody and it's confusing me.

I don't know what ta do.

I pull off from the light and continue driving to her house. As I start getting close, I see police lights flashing from in front of her house onto her neighbors house. I scrunched my face, " What the fuck? "

I pull up slowly and turn off the car. I tuck my gun under the passengers and check for drugs around the car, they not finna catch me with nothing. I ain't going back to jail.. especially not over no dumb shit.

I start making my way to the door and two police officers walk out with Kaycee and her hands cuffed behind her back. I rush up to them with a confused face, " Aye, what the fuck going on? Why she got cuffs on? " I looked at Kaycee and she was crying, I could tell this was scary ta her.

" Kaycee talk ta me... what's going on? ", I questioned looking at her. Before she could say anything the police officers started pushing me back, " Please get back sir. "

I pushed the officer off of me and one of them let go of Kaycee and put his hand on his gun, " We said back up sir. " I ignored him and kept following Kaycee as the police officer was walking her to the police car.

" Kaycee? Why you not answering me? Tell me what happened... ", I pleaded. She looked back at me. " They think I did it. ", she cried before she got in the car. The officers got in and I looked in the window at Kaycee.

" Deion... ", she mouthed in the window. " What's going on? ", I asked again. The car started to pull off so I got in my car and followed it to the station.

What she mean they think she did it? Did what?

I reach over to the passenger seat and grab my phone. I quickly call Vontae then look back at the road.

" What nigga? It's late. ", Von groans into the phone. It sounded like I just woke him up but I didn't care.

" Kaycee in a police car going down to the station right now... I don't know what happened and Kaycee wasn't saying shit fast enough for me to understand what was going on. ", I started to explain.

" What the fuck... is she alright? Do I need to catch a uber assum? ", he asked getting worried.

I smacked my lips, " She don't know you outta jail nigga, you can't catch nothing. I got it, Ima talk to her then Ima see if one of my connections can let her go. "

" And then what if one of yo connections can't let her go? Then what? "

I pulled into the parking lot of the police station and drove around the building to park in the back, " Then Ima pay the bail or do whatever I gotta do yo. "

" But I'm here so I'll call you and shit after I figure this out. ", I continued.

" Aight. ", he said before I hung up.

I turned the car off and started getting out. I looked around making sure nobody seen me pull around to the back. I walk around to the door and I see Saint standing there on his phone.