Chapter 6 - Landing on Taris

A/N: Made some edits to this chapter after posting it. Didn't realize there were a few mistakes.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Callista lay on her back with her hands folded on her stomach

Callista lay on her back with her hands folded on her stomach. The bunks were set up so that there were three on each wall on opposite sides of the cabin across from each other. Callista was given one of the ones that were on the very top. There was even a curtain that gave her some privacy which Callista liked.

Her eyelids were heavy, but she refused to let them shut. Not that she would get much sleep anyway. In the bunk below her Wrecker was snoring away, and Callista was this close to throwing her pillow at him so he'd stop. But Crosshair slept on the bunk to the left of hers, and Callista worried that if she somehow made a noise that she'd startle him. That wouldn't bother her, but the fact that through the small gap in the curtains on his bunk Callista could spot a blaster in his hands that laid on his chest, she decided to deal with the noise unless she wanted another blast in the leg by the silver haired clone.

She scowled upon remembering their little training session two hours prior.

~~~Earlier~~~

"You're too stiff." Callista huffed but relaxed her posture, only to be berated again. "Now you're too loose." Callista groaned and lowered the rifle to scowl at Crosshair.

"Make up your mind, would you?" She snapped, which made Crosshair smirk the slightest, in turn aggravating Callista even more. "On second thought don't, I can figure this out myself. I'm the best shooter there is." Five shots were fired, and Callista did her best to not stumble backwards when the butt of the gun slammed into her shoulder each time it fired. Only three shots managed to hit the center and Callista bit the inside of her cheek in frustration.

"Debatable." Crosshair said.

"So I'm a bit rusty." Callista admitted with cheeks tinted pink. She disliked failing, especially with an audience. It didn't help that she might have been a little tired. "It's been a while since I've used one of these." And I've only used a rifle twice before this.

"Not to mention it's a big gun for such a small girl." Crosshair told her, making Callista glower at the man for making fun of her height and build.

"You're one to talk." Callista fired back, making him raise an eyebrow at her boldness, "Even Tech has more muscle than you." This wasn't exactly true, but Callista knew that being compared to his brother would irk him. Callista almost let a mandoan word that meant runt leave her lips, but she stopped herself. There was a line that Callista didn't want to cross when it came to insults and she knew that would be going to far, especially since she was self conscious with her own body. Reaching only five foot two, Callista was also very thin and lacked muscle, her training regime long forgotten ever since she left Kamino. She practiced fighting moves, but didn't do anything to actually build muscle. If she was maybe half a foot taller, Callista might be less self conscious. Unfortunately she's pretty much stopped growing which meant people thought she was an easy target for being so small and lank. But Callistas proved herself over and over that she's not one to be messed with. Anyone who's tried to mess with her was left with scars, whether physically or emotionally or more often than not, both.