Chapter 53 - On the Wings of Keeradaks

New chapter!!! Yay!!

Sorry it took me so long to do this! I've been so busy and overwhelmed. Plus, I also started an Instagram page for all my art, and I was doing like an art contest/event thing all of September and had to have like a new drawing done every couple of days, so I got really busy with that. But it was Star Wars themed, and I just had to do it! And now September is over and while my stress levels were kinda high, I still made time to finish this chapter! And now I feel so much better that I have it done!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

It was quiet in the room as Tech began working on the consoles again to get Echo unplugged from the tubes and wires attached to him. They couldn't just simply pull them out, otherwise it would cause considerable damage to both his body and mind, and the results could be fatal.

A surge of anger went through Calli as she looked at all the cybernetics the Techno Union had implanted in Echo, basically turning him into a machine. And the parts of him that were still human weren't any better looking. He was extremely skinny, his ribs visible and cheeks and stomach sunken in, not to mention his skin was a terrible gray color and Calli couldn't help but think he resembled a live skeleton (not in a cruel way, it was just an observation).

Calli felt at a loss for what to do. Tech obviously didn't need her help and Rex tasked himself with keeping Echo calm. She considered doing a scan of his human body to see what state it was in internally, but something stopped her from taking out the scanner from Tech's backpack where she knew it was. Maybe it's because she knew how she felt around any medical device/medic droids after her experience with being experimented on. It was likely that Echo was an experiment for the Techno Union, and even though he's disoriented, he may still panic when Calli approached him with the scanner and she didn't want to put him through that.

So she awkwardly sat by as Rex tried to ask Echo some questions, such as how he got here, but the ARC Trooper could only offer a weak "I don't know" to all of Rex's queries. Calli then noticed he began shivering a little as he became more conscious of his surroundings and the fact that his internal body temperature was lower than it should be, if the frost on his skin that WASN'T melting was any indication.

In a feeble attempt to warm him, Calli took off her cape and draped it over Echo's shoulders, which made the ARC Trooper feebly turn his head to look at her, yet all he saw was a trooper helmet with markings that were unfamiliar to him. It wasn't the classic white armor with blue decals, nor orange like the 212th - in fact he'd never seen black clone trooper armor. And despite being out of it he was able to realize the small, lean (yet still with a slight muscle) build of the trooper, unlike his other brothers.

"Who... Who are you?" He asked slowly, still very groggy and dazed. Calli smiled warmly, then remembered she had her helmet on and lifted it to where it rested atop her head and gave Echo a two finger salute while introducing herself.

"ARC Trooper Scar, at your service." She said with a chipper voice to lighten the mood. Echo now looked more confused and Calli wished she'd left out the ARC Trooper part. She was about to go into a whole spiel, even if in his current state Echo wouldn't be able to process the narrative of her life and why she was an ARC trooper. Thankfully before she could embarrass herself, the doors to the room opened and Skywalker jogged in. The doors remained open and Calli had a clear view of the others who continued holding off the droids.

"Situation's almost under control out there." He said, stopping in front of the trio sitting on the floor, looking at them then to Tech, "How's it going in here?"

"I'm still trying to decrypt Echo's cerebral interface. Until I do, we cannot disconnect him from this computer system." Tech informed without looking up from the console. Skywalker nodded and his expression softened as he focused back on Echo.