Chapter 44 - The Dinner Party Pt. 1

Sorry it took me so long to finish this chapter!! I suffered from severe writer's block, but I managed to get this done!!

TRIGGER WARNING: A guy hits on Calli and doesn't know how to take no for an answer. He doesn't do anything (Calli stops him before he can) but it's not graphic or anything. You'll just really hate the guy, lol. But seriously, if it'll trigger you don't read it.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The dinner party was a good hour away and Padme took the time to coach the two teens on how to act like a proper couple. How they should walk in with their arms looped together and that they should appear to be glued to each other's side, unable to stand being apart from one another. That in itself would prove to be a challenge for Scar, who was independent and the thought of hanging off of Jace's arm and gazing at him like some lovesick puppy - well let's just say it would be a challenge. She's a strong independent girl and didn't need a guy to make her happy. Weapons and ships are all she needed in life. And her brothers, of course.

The closer the transport got to their destination; the more anxious Scar became. When the transport arrived at the house - ahem, mansion - Scar's palms became clammy and her heart was pounding - she was going to have to keep the hand holding to a minimum if her hands were going to be sweaty all evening. Jace wasn't feeling too confident either and for a moment Padme felt guilty for putting the teens in such an awkward position. Her heart ached for the pair, neither having had a normal life that would have given them an opportunity to develop normal social skills that would have helped in this situation. For the first time ever, Padme wished that Jace hadn't been sent to the Jedi, at least then one of the two would have grown up normally and know better on how to act.

I'm probably going to have to keep a close eye on them, so no one catches on that their relationship is a hoax.

Shaking these thoughts away, Padme put on her biggest smile and asked both Jace and Scar if they were ready to go in. Both teens had different levels of anxiety on their faces but nodded, then looked at each other with the same expression. Jace gulped, then held out his arm in Scar's direction, as if worried she would bite his head off. After hesitating, Scar reluctantly looped her arm through his and Padme gave them an encouraging nod before motioning them to follow her into the mansion.

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Hunter did his best to hide his anxiety over the mission that he still didn't approve of in the slightest. He and the boys ate dinner in the comfort of their ship at his request - he needed a break from all the fanciness and luxury they've experienced in the last few days. He and the boys picked up dinner from the town nearby and brought it back to the island. Take out boxes were littered all over the main floor - most of them being Wrecker's as he ate sixty percent of what they had bought - luckily the other boys didn't have as big of appetites as the giant clone, so they were fine with him eating most of the food.

Unfortunately, Crosshair was able to see through the calm facade that Hunter had put on and he decided to mess around with the Sergeant as it was rare that he became nervous. But he was extra protective of their youngest squadmate and Crosshair would have thought of it as a weakness if he himself wasn't equally so with Calli. They all were, in fact. That doesn't mean Crosshair wasn't going to miss an opportunity to pick on his brother. He set down the bottle of beer he'd been sipping on the table and leaned back in his seat while casually looking at the Sergeant who occupied the spot next to him. He took note of Hunter's tense shoulders and pursed lips as he stared at the container of food in front of him that he'd barely touched. Crosshair smiled at this and didn't even hesitate to open his mouth and make a comment.