Chapter 18 - Vanished

A/N: So this chapter will be in the point of view of the Bad Batch! I hope I captured their personalities ok!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○

Four weeks later...

All four members of Bad Batch were relaxing in the Havoc Marauder as it traveled through hyperspace. They'd just finished a particularly grueling mission that involved taking down hundreds of droids and even Wrecker was tired. But they'd completed their mission and ahead of schedule at that, so the clones definitely earned a little down time- even if it was just for a few hours.

Hunter sat in his chair and was resting his eyes. Crosshair was already half way through with cleaning his rifle like he did after every mission and Tech was typing away on his data pad, not needing to pilot the ship while it was in hyperspace.

Despite Wrecker being tired he couldn't stay idle, still wound up from the mission, so he busied himself with going up to the storage compartment to take a look at their stockpile of weapons to see what they were low on. After taking note of the fact that they only had ten droid poppers left, Wrecker moved over the storage crate and his forehead wrinkled upon seeing a duffel bag squished between the crate he just moved and the one behind it. It took two seconds for him to recognize the bag and he snatched it up before making his way to the cockpit where the rest of his squad was.

"Hey, look what I found!" Wrecker exclaimed, a little too loudly as all of his brothers startled, especially Hunter whose senses were especially sensitive after every mission. "It's Scar's bag! I guess we forgot about it. We've gotta give it back to her."

"You mean go all the way back to Kamino?" Crosshair asked, looking up to see if his brother was serious. Wrecker nodded enthusiastically.

"Yeah! She probably needs it!"

"We do need to land to make a few repairs and Kamino is only two hours away by lightspeed as opposed to four hours to the nearest Republic Base." Tech said to the group, already putting the coordinates into the navicomputer. Hunter nodded.

"I guess we could kill two birds with one stone."

"Scar will be happy to see us!" Wrecker said while setting the girl's bag by the door so they wouldn't forget it before settling down in his spot in the copilot's chair.

"You sure it isn't the other way around?" Crosshair asked, making Wrecker huff and spin his chair around to face Crosshair.

"So what if I like her!" He said while crossing his arms, "She's fun, remember what she did to those regs in the cafeteria?"

"I don't think fun is the correct sentiment. More like impulsive and reckless." Tech said.

"And so is Wrecker." Crosshair quipped with a smirk.

"I am not!"

"Wrecker, your name literally has the word 'reck' in it." The sniper said matter-of-factly.

"Hey at least I don't act like a grumpy old man!" Wrecker shot back and Crosshair cast a cool glare at his brother.

"Alright, knock it off you two." Hunter said, intervening before the insult match turned into a full blown argument. His senses couldn't handle yelling right now.

Crosshair and Wrecker could see their Sargeant's discomfort and let whatever remarks they were about to fire die on their tongue, each going back to occupying themselves - Crosshair with his rifle and Wrecker left the cockpit to resume his inspection of their stockpile of weapons.