Chapter 56 - Unfinished Business

Hello there my fellow Bad Batch fans. 'Tis a dark day for all of us huh? The Bad Batch finale is here.

There aren't enough words to describe how much this show means to me. It was in the middle of Covid, lots of shitty stuff was going on in my personal life when this series first started airing. I was hooked from the first episode and this series with its characters and story were like a shining beacon of light in the darkness of that time of my life. The Star Wars Universe was a place for me to escape.

I really hope this isn't the end of the Bad Batch's story. There's so much more they can do.

Thanks to all who've read my fanfic! I never expected so many to love my ocs and I love seeing other people's ocs on Insta and Tumblr! I've met so many cool people through the Bad Batch Community!

I'm sending ya'll virtual Wrecker like bear hugs. Let's hope this last episode is as amazing as every other episode has been!! Let's hope we get an ending befitting of the Bad Batch.

Now for the story, this is part one of the last episode of the Echo arc. I simply did not have time to write the whole episode before the new episode airs. So it's a short chapter but I hope ya'll like it!!!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○

The next morning Calli woke up to find the ship eerily silent and it made the hairs on her neck stand on edge. Her immediate thought was something was wrong until she remembered that they were on a Republic Base and not in enemy territory. Most likely her brothers had gone to the mess hall or for some early morning training.

Rolling from her side onto her back, Calli sat up only to grab her head that throbbed from the simple movement. That stuff Crosshair had brought out last night must have been stronger than Calli thought, for despite only having a few gulps of it, she had the minor yet still annoying symptoms of a classic hangover.

She needed a strong cup of caf ASAP. It took a bit of fumbling for her to climb down from the bunk - she may or may not have lost her grip halfway down and fallen.

Her enhanced senses picked up that someone was already in the main hold before stepping in the room, and it was revealed to be Tech who sipped from his cup of caf while reading something on his data pad.

Calli prepared her own drink and joined the goggled clone at the lounge, popping a couple pills in her mouth as she sat down. After washing those down with the caf, she plopped down beside the man who was nursing a headache himself if the slight frown on his lips while he read was anything to go by.

Rubbing her throbbing head, Calli hissed. "Remind me to not get sucked into your guys' drinking nonsense again."

"You always say that, yet when I do warn you, you ignore me. What else can I do?" Her brother replied bluntly without looking at her, eyes still trained on his screen.

"You know, sometimes your sarcastic remarks are just plain annoying." Tech offered no response, to which Calli huffed and there was a pause in the conversation. Calli contemplated whether or not to bring up a certain sniper who apparently had a more interesting past than she had previously thought. "Sooo," Calli started, drawing out the 'o' long enough to catch Tech's attention and he raised eyebrow at the girl, "-am I ever going to find out more about this mystery woman of Crosshair's?"

Tech shifted uncomfortably in his seat and suddenly couldn't look his younger sister in the eye. "There is not much to tell." said the goggled clone in a very not convincing way. Calli wondered where Tech's poker face from last night was because right now his attempt at being nonchalant was pathetic.

Star Wars The Bad Batch: The Runawayजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें