Chapter 15 - Friend

This chapter is just full of fluff!

○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○●○
Crosshair and Wrecker were walking through the halls of the medical ward, the former having a check up for the burns he got from the explosion. Wrecker tagged along because he wanted to go see Callista and see if she was in a better mood than yesterday when she yelled at them to leave.

Upon reaching a junction, Wrecker turned right into another hallway that would lead to Callista's room. Crosshair was prepared to keep going straight but that was before he saw a clone emerge from the same hallway his brother went, carrying a Medic Droid. What caught his attention was the fact that the head of the droid was missing and judging by the way the few wires sticking out of the neck socket were sparking, it was obvious the head had been ripped off.

The clone medic noticed the sniper looking at the broken droid and narrowed his eyes while huffing.

"Are you two part of Clone Force 99?" He asked, motioning in the direction Wrecker had gone with his chin.

"What's it to you?" Crosshair asked back in his usual cold voice while crossing his arms. The reg didn't seem bothered by his demeanor though and huffed.

"This is the third droid she's broken since waking up. She won't let anyone near her and has also decked two clone medics."

"And why is that my problem?"

"Well, maybe you or jumbo can talk some sense into her, get her to calm down. You're the ones who brought her here in the first place and at this rate all my men will be put in hospital beds of their own because of her!"

Crosshair could only chuckle, having zero sympathy for the medical staff. The reg was taken aback by the sniper's amusement and huffed again before stalking off in the direction of the repair bay.

At first Crosshair was going to continue his journey to his appointment, but curiosity got the better of him and he turned and headed for Callista's room instead.

He was twenty feet from the door when he heard vicious screaming coming from inside, and seconds later the head from a medical droid flew out of the room and hit a clone who happened to be walking past the open door in the head causing him to fall to the ground, now unconscious.

Crosshair was momentarily stunned by this, but more screaming brought him back to his senses and he made a beeline for the door. The scene he walked into was...interesting.
He saw the 5'2 girl holding a clone medic in a chokehold, a medical droid in pieces on the floor and Wrecker standing in the corner watching with wide, terrified eyes.

Giving his brother a look for not doing anything, Crosshair was quick to hurry over and pull Callista off the reg clone's back before she strangled him to death. While the clone recovered from the attack Crosshair kept a strong hold on Callista who was now thrashing around in his arms and screaming for him to let her go.

"Not until you calm down!" He shouted firmly, pinning Callista's arms to her side when she attempted to swing at him. "Go get something to sedate her." Crosshair told the Medic but Callista shook her head violently.

"NO! I WON'T LET YOU!"

"Then pull yourself together!" Crosshair snapped back. Callista wanted to yell at him but the fire in his eyes told her that he wasn't going to be pushed around like the others. This made her snap her mouth shut and she begrudgingly made herself calm down but the hatred in her own eyes was still there as she continued glaring at the clone medic, who was baffled to say the least by the whole exchange. Crosshair was a little surprised as well if he was being honest.