Chapter 17 - Goodbye for now...

Two days went by and most of those 48 hours Callista spent relearning how to walk with her prosthetic leg. It was proving to be more difficult than she imagined and her already thin patience was stretched even further and was very close to snapping.

Like right now, it was early in the morning on the third day and Callista was already up and trying to walk. She didn't bother to wait for the Medic to show up and help - Callista was desperate at this point and didn't bother to think of the fact that without any help she'd run the risk of hurting herself thus delaying her recovery.

Thanks to the amount of practice done so far, Callista managed to stand up without much trouble except for the pain. She waited until it became just a dull throb before tentatively moving her right leg forward and attempting to put some of her weight on leg as she took a step. The pain increased tenfold and Callista bit back a cry of pain, though a small whimper escaped her lips. Despite this, her leg held up and Callista breathed out a laugh while going to take another step. Then another. Her goal was to reach the wheelchair that was by the door - it had purposely been moved away from her reach after she was found sneaking out of her room in the middle of the night. She'd made it three quarters the way to the hospital's exit before being caught. (She totally WASN'T planning on sneaking to the hanger and stealing a ship.) She was in the homestretch and wheeling her wheelchair at a pace that most would consider unsafe and her hyperfixation on the exit prevented her from seeing a medic coming out of another hallway and pushing a cart.

Let's just say that clone had to spend the night in a hospital room of his own.

Callista was halfway towards the wheelchair when the door to her room opened and the sudden loud booming voice of Wrecker broke her focus causing her to lose her balance and fall to the ground.

"Ugh! Dank farrik!" Callista exclaimed angrily and once again the four bad batch members were surprised by the girl's colorful words. Hunter moved to help Callista stand up, but she held a hand out to stop him, saying she could get up herself. Hunter huffed but stood back and motioned for Callista to do so, humoring her.

Not one to back out of a challenge, Callista looked around for something to grab onto - but since she was in the middle of the room there wasn't anything.

"Do you want my help now or do you want to continue acting like you don't need it?" Hunter asked with a hint of a smirk on his face. Callista bit the inside of her cheek with irritation and wordlessly stuck her hand out for Hunter to grab, making him chuckle. Once he had a firm hold on her hand, he pulled Callista up from the floor with ease and was surprisingly gentle as he helped her walk the rest of the way to her wheelchair.

"Why didn't you wait for the doctor - you could have gotten seriously hurt." Hunter lectured once Callista was situated and she rolled her eyes.

"I wanted to see if I could walk on my own." She said, not caring about whether or not she could have injured herself. Callista missed her independence.

"You weren't per chance trying to escape again, were you?" Tech asked with an amused smirk and Callista looked wide eyed at him.

"How'd you know about that?"

"Overheard a group of regs talking about it on the way here." Crosshair answered, and he was smirking also. Callista grew embarrassed and was going to defend her actions when she sensed another presence to her left. Turning, her hands turned into fists when she saw the towering form of Nala Se at the door.

"Greetings CT-9901." The Kaminoan said as she stepped into the room. Callista offered no greeting in return and continued to glare at Nala Se.

"Is there a problem?" Tech asked politely.