Best Debut Singer Of The Year.

"And the award for the best debut singer goes to..." The host said making my breath hitch in my throat. Its the moment. Everyone has their attention fixed on the host so that they can know the name of the winner. I was feeling nervous. Will I win the award or not?

"Any guesses?" the hist said making me annoyed. Here I am all nervous and there he was not telling the name of the person.

Everyone yelled different names which also included my name making me smile. At least someone liked my song.

"Yess many of you are correct. The award goes to Nandini Murty." he announced making everyone clap. I smiled. Every camera was focused on me capturing my every moment. I heaved out a huge breath which I didn't knew I was holding. I did it. I was surprised to know that I am the one getting the award. The biggest award of my life till now.

I smiled and stood up from my seat. I took steps towards the stage in my black dress and reached the stairs. The host came down to offered his hand for me to take and climb the stairs. We climbed the stairs and I thanked him and walked toward the person who was presenting the award.

He handed me the award and congratulated me. Tears were filling in my eyes trying to escape. My heart beats were racing at a high speed. I got the award. I was nervous as I looked at the award in my hand. I thanked him and he guided me towards the platform where mic was placed. I smiled at him and turned towards the audience.

"Hello everyone, first of I would like to thank the jury for thinking that I am deserving for the award then I would like to thank A series for giving me the chance to sing the song and for believing in me. I would also like to say a big thanks to my parents and fans for supporting me. Thankyou for believing in me when I was new to this industry. I am really glad that you all liked the song. This is my first big awards and I don't know what else to say. "I said and chuckled and a tear slipped out of my eye. Some person 'Awwed' and some smiled at me."I am really happy at the moment. Its one of the best moment in my life. Once again Thankyou everyone." I said and stepped away from the platform.

Rest of the award function went blur because I was looking at the trophy in my hand again and again. I was happy would me an understatement because I wanted to dance in the happiness. I did it. I proved him that I am not worthless. I can do what I want. I can complete my dreams. And I am not weak.