Engagement

This chapter is dedicated to Annetwenty

Today is my engagement day.

Yess, today is the day.

I am so excited. Note the sarcasm.

My whole house was decorated beautifully with lights, flowers, hangings and what not. Everyone seemed so excited. Some of my close family relatives like my Prakash chachu and his family. And my mamu his family, my masi, her family, Navya's family but my little brother is not here. He has gone on a college trip. He doesn't even know about all this. I have asked my parents not to tell him about this engagement and let him enjoy his trip. I know he will be very angry and sad when he will get to know about my engagement later.

My father has a younger brother Prakash Murty. He also helps dad in handling the company. His family includes his wife Divya chachi and their daughter Diksha. Diksha is younger than me. She's in college doing fashion designing. We both shares a great bond.

My Mumma has an older brother Praveen Sharma, my mamu. His family includes my sweet, caring Padmini Mami and their son Ashutosh who is older than me and is a very well known neurologist. He is still single and here I am younger than him getting engaged.

Then comes my mom's younger sister, my masi Alka masi. She's a well known engineer. She has contributed a lot in a lot of famous buildings in India. Her family includes her husband or my mausa ji Tanmay. He is handling his family business. They have one son Prakshit who's in his first year of college and a daughter Prakshiti who's in 11th standard.

So yeah that's my family who's attending this function. All my cousins are very excited that their jiju is going to be The Manik Malhotra. They were questioning me like is he nice? Is he kind? And much more. I obviously lied to them because if I told them all the truth and whatever he said to me then I am sure they would have kidnapped him and made sure that he regret his decision of ever saying something like this to me. What can I say my cousins are very protective of me.

Navya was helping me in getting ready because I literally don't have energy to get ready. I have. Alot in my mind. I don't know how will I face him? Am I doing right by marrying him? What if he is same like him? Am I ready to get broken again?