|𝟗.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗿𝗼𝘂𝘀 𝗪𝗼𝗺𝗮𝗻 ♤

It's been a few days since I've started training. River and Simarae joined us on the third day. We've increased our fighting skills since and I have to say, I was quick to put myself down. Ash on the other hand was encouraging, giving me motivation when I needed it. Although that didn't stop me from fighting with him about every little thing, whether it had been for a boring song in the car or if he takes a long break.

It wasn't infuriating it gave me more solace than when he was being nice to me. When he was being annoyed, all I focused on was winning the petty debate we were having. Which sometimes ended in me having to chase him down the halls of the base.

Ash decided to prank me by putting paint in the small punching bag. When I tried to punch it, everything shade of white paint was on my face. I decide to return the favor by drawing on his face with a marker when he was too tired to drive. That immediately sent him to throw me in the indoor pool the base had. Which by the way infuriated me into pushing him in as well.

I try to brush off the fact that we almost kissed but River decided to push Simarae into the water as well because he felt it was getting too intense. Simarae then proceeded to run after River with a cup of lemonade Marae lied and said was urine. He decided to jump into the pool by himself and almost threw up when he thought Simarae was drinking urine.

This brings us to right now.

Friday night

We decided to at least take a little time to breathe, this week was shit. If we weren't training then we were busy with the business, Ash was always on a temper measure. That was because shipments were being reported missing each day. Weapons were being sold without his permission, things were slipping quickly.

He also took the responsibility of training us which he could've found anyone else to do. Simarae had to hold down the fort at the company while I was handling Ash. The business on the other hand was slowly falling apart, money was being lost and share value was dropping rapidly.

River, our dearest therapist suggested we have a night out. We hesitated at first, knowing the danger at the moment but gave in after Rivers' very long PowerPoint presentation of why we deserve this. Sitting in this booth, I ask myself why we hesitated in the first place.

"I swear if I don't kill Riv in this next week!?" Marae chuckles, drinking up her cocktail.

"You're telling me." I laugh.

"I mean, he cute you know, funny and very respectful but the bone head couldn't be more stupid" Marae says this with a certain passion, which quite frankly I find interesting.

"Oh my shit balls, you fucking like him!" I analyze, feeling satisfied with my assumption.

"What? No fucking way, Riv could never handle me" She deadpans.

"What can't I handle?" River shouts because the music is now very loud, he walks over-drinking his half glass of whiskey.

"Nothing!" we both laugh, watching Ash walk over as well.

"I fucking needed this!" Ash exclaims, running a hand through his hair.

We all laugh, really needing this break before we killed somebody literally. I drink up my red wine, leaving it halfway. This is my four glass and it feels like it's my first, I've always been in control of my alcohol.

"Isn't that like your fifth glass?" River asks, a little curious.

"Fourth." I correct, Ash immediately looks at me like I've grown two heads and I just ignore him.