|𝟭𝟵.| 𝗔 𝗙𝗼𝗿𝗰𝗲𝗱 𝗛𝗮𝗻𝗱

Aria

"I'll have Iced caramel vanilla latte and strawberry frappuccino" I tip my chin to my waiter and she jots down my order all while looking extremely nervous before turning to Simarae.

"I'll do with a chocolate eclair frappuccino." she smiles and the waiter writes it down before telling us to enjoy and she'd be back in five minutes with our drinks.

I look over to anxious Marae, we're waiting for Khloe and Lita. She fiddles with her fingers as she worries- chewing on her lip. They're late, by 10 minutes. These days you have to worry because all we do is look over our shoulders to see if we're safe. My instincts always allow me to check if I'm being followed, scan a room before sitting down, reading people's facial expressions. It's an absolute paranoia.

Not only have we hidden enemies, but sooner or later Romanov will find out he's being screwed over and retaliate. We're all just doing the best we can to stay calm and enjoy the peace because soon it will erupt. I can help but wonder that maybe we're in over our heads here. We have no idea what this man or woman wants and we're no longer to close to finding out than Davinski.

"You need to calm yourself, she'll be here." I reach out and snag Maraes hand, and she relaxes a bit. She takes a deep breath and watches me for acknowledgement when I nod.

"I'm trying, but Lita better be here in two minutes or I'll-" she's cut off by the sound of the bell, and fast enough she jerks her head towards the direction. Khloe in hand with Lita walk up to us and Marae visibly relaxes and makes the most adorable face at Lita.

"Happy now?" I mutter and she shakes her head, I sigh and just offer a smile because I can't blame her. While driving here I was a nervous wreck myself, tapping on the steering wheel and clutching it until my knuckles turned white.

When they arrive at the table, Lita launches at Marae and they hug and laughs in each other's hair. Marae kisses her forehead and temple multiple times all while removing her hair to kiss her more. Lita giggles and looks so cute I immediately grin ear to ear, "Now I'm happy"

I laugh and Khloe hugs me before sitting down because there is no way she could hug Marae with Lita glued to her like that, "Thanks for the free vacation, Lita is absolutely amazing."

"Of course I am." she answers in her no nonsense tone, I chuckle and Marae rolls her eyes. They go back to snuggling each other and Khloe smiles at the sight. Alright I'm jealous...

"You deserved it anyway - I'm a little offended." I deadpan, watching Marae get all the love. Lita halts her kisses and turns to us in confusion. Her brown eyes match Simaraes eyes as well when they make a cute confused face.

"What's off-en-ed?" she tilts her head and scratches her head.

"It means, I want some love as well." I open my arms and make a come-come sign when Lita jumps off Marae and over to me. She wraps her hands around neck and I place her down on my lap, kissing her all over. We are such softies for this girl.

"There's always love for you, Aunty Aia." I missed that name so much it felts surreal to hear it again. I press my cheek to hers and that giggle reveals itself again.

"I'm suddenly forgotten." Khloe wipes a fake tear under her right eye. It's pathetic how much we fight for Lita's attention, it means more to me than anyones recognition.

I can't ever thank Khloe enough for what she did for us. We'd only talked to her a few times after the cafe and when we needed Lita away from this scene, she didn't hesitate of course we didn't trust her at first - she was still a stranger after all but looking back three months ago it doesn't seem like that at all. She's a great friend and better person altogether.