|𝟏𝟔.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗢𝗳𝗳𝗶𝗰𝗲 𝗖𝗵𝗿𝗼𝗻𝗶𝗰𝗹𝗲𝘀

Aria

The phone keeps ringing non-stop and I'm about to throw it out of the window, if the windows in my office could open. I press the decline button and another call pulls through, I repeat my action before and press decline. Eventually I call Rhea into my office to update me on my schedule for the day and to inform the receptionist about these calls.

She comes in quickly, file in hand and phone in ear, "Yes, Friday is the final deadline." She must be speaking about my the White Palace, everything is pulling through smoothly so I'm happy I can make this dream come true for Marae. Only I know how many sleepless nights she's had perfecting this project.

She sits in the chair and I wait patiently for her to finish the call, "Is that about the White Palace?"

"Yes, the system still needs a few adjustments but everything is going as planned." she explains. I'll have to check up on that, I wouldn't want any probelms especially after these last few days.

"Alright, enlighten me." I lean back into my chair.

"You have a meeting with some of the investors at midday. Mr. Davinski has been calling our line non-stop, journalist and reporters as well. We need to go on-site to the White Palace because your father thinks it's best. And Mr. Hermandez insists on picking you up this evening." she snickers at the last line.

"Come again?" I lean forward.

"He says he needs you for something" she smirks, raising her eyebrow. The suspicious look she gives me says it all. I know Rhea knows I have done sort of relationship with Ash.

"Fine, I'll call him. If Davinski wants to see me, he'll come to me personally and tell the Ruvi not to let any of these journalists through my line their giving me a headache." she leaves and I look in my purse for some energy pills.

"Where are those pills?" I dig into my bag and nothing comes up. I'm confused for second but than I remember who could've had access to my thing, Marae is one of them of course but she would go through my bag without my permission but there's someone else in mind.

I dial his number and he picks up on the second ring, "Aria, are you actually calling me? You have my number, wait what did you save me as" he rambles. He sounds particularly excited got some reason, even though his tone is monotone as always.

"Dickhead. That's not what I called you for." I deadpan.

He shuffles a bit and adjust the phone, "Change that. What'd you call for?"

"Why are you shuffling so much?" I ask, noticing the fabric rubbing off in the speaker.

"I have bloods on my hand, tryna wash it off" I hear a tap in the distance and he adjust the phone to the other side of his ear, "I really don't like how comfortable I said that."

"Why do I find that so sexy?" I deadpan. I gape and tighten my mouth when I realise I said that out loud. What was that? Why did I say that? Oh, he probably thinks I'm crazy.

"That's interesting, very interesting." he chuckles, "Why'd you call corazon?" his uses his business tone this time.

I sit forward, signing some contracts, "Oh, what did you do with my pills?" one of the documents clauses just straight piss me off and I discarded the whole thing. When reading the next one I put a pencil line through some of the clauses and highlight what I want to fix. "Don't even try to deny it."