|39.|Curse of Night- Part Two

Aria

I clear my throat, pat my hair down and fix my outfit. This is ridiculous, I'm acting as if it's the first time we'll be doing this. I knock on the wall next to the door, sure hope these walls are soundproof, cause I don't plan on staying quiet.

The tension has kneaded deep into my bones and I hope I won't have to spell it out for him to figure out what I want. Of course not, it's Ash. He'll probably smell my arousal from behind this door. I knock on the door and wait, but after a few seconds of no response, I knock again.

Nothing.

I walk in anyway to find his desk in a mess. He scattered documents everywhere and his phone was still on the desk. He must've been pissed off about something. Good. That aggression can be directed elsewhere—somewhere more useful, for me at least.

The phone is still on, which means it hasn't been long since he stepped out. Which also means he'll be back. I clean up the mess on his desk and organize everything neatly. I sigh, I didn't ditch work just to come to do it here.

I decided it best to clean my appearance. Ash's bathroom is spacious as if it's not just an office, and I grin because it's almost like mine. I huff into my hand and bring it closer to smell. Ew, that garlic sandwich is out for revenge. I look in the drawers and find an unopened toothbrush and toothpaste in one of them. I'm not surprised, he probably sleeps here.

I use that to brush my teeth before washing my face and arms. The cold water does its job, cooling down my skin. I wipe my hands with a hand towel, before taking off all my jewelry and setting it on the counter. I use face cream to smooth out my skin and eye the ring on my finger.

One more thing, my hair. It's always wild, and untamed and I have no idea how to maintain it when the curls are so dominant. I brush it out of my face, wanting to place it in a bun when a rough voice startles me.

"Braid it," Ash says, leaning against the door. I almost fall from the feeling that settles into my skin every time I'm in his proximity.

"What?" I shudder at how my voice betrays me, breathless and lower than usual.

"I want you to braid it." He turns away at that and disappears from the doorway, leaving me in an utterly nonplused state. I turned to the mirror, unable to decide what to do with my hair. Braids or cornrow? He didn't specify and I'm far too lethargic for that.

"Why do you braid my hair?" I asked Ash, as he cornrowed my third braid.

He laughed and finished up the braid, "So it doesn't get caught."

I plotted my lines and started braiding. Disgraceful that my fiancee could do it better, but I could still do a promising job. Ash had learned a long time ago how to braid my hair, whether he learned on his own or practiced on other women, I didn't ask.

I looked up confused, "Caught?"

"I love your hair, volpre. It'd be a shame if it got caught in something while I was fucking you."

I might've hated Ash for the longest time but it just shows that the hatred only fuelled the violent attraction between us. I'd let the man fuck me six ways to Sunday any day. Twenty minutes later and my skin is itching to be touched, bruised, and burned in every possible way.

I walk out of the bathroom and find him seated on the couch, a whiskey in his right hand as he stares right at me. Ash smiles and adjusts himself, I reach to the back of my dress and pull the zipper the rest of the way down. I move it past my hips, and it falls at my feet in a puddle.