|𝟐𝟒.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝘀𝗾𝘂𝗲𝗿𝗮𝗱𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗹𝗹

*The picture is merely to show how short her hair is*
_______________________________________________

Aria

"I look hideous!"

I stare into the mirror at my glamorous makeup and dress. The dress is really something, it's a off the should high slit dress with ruffles. It's beige but I tell myself repeatedly that it's cream white. The thought that I've decided to wear a colour besides black, white or grey is tugging and fighting a battle with my mind. I have no idea how I agreed to this.

The only reason I'm excited is because I want to see everyone's reaction to the different colour and the dress that hugs my curves, the way it elevates my breasts and make them perky. It's a vixen look on me and I must say that I'm going to enjoy this evening alas I probably will not be able to breathe but this apparently is our targets taste.

So all in all I do not look hideous - except for my very short and straightened hair. As a african woman having your hair cut short is much equivalent to having your crown taken. It isn't that I have anything against I've just never cut my hair before let alone this short. If by the end of this my hair is damaged all hell will probably break loose. I take pride in the fact that my mother is an African woman so my hair is a gene from her. The rest I've pretty much taken from my dad.

Marae does the finishing touches on my makeup, applying blush and perfectly lining my eyes. She rolls her eyes at my statement clearly knowing I'm full of shit. I'd like to see her Latina ass cut her hair. She moved away from me with a face of glee, proud of her work and definitely looking at me as if 'I've grown up so fast'.

She claps her hands excitedly squealing before giving me a kiss on the cheek - careful not to smudge her masterpiece and leaves the room to go finish up herself. I've already done her makeup she just needs a few Marae moments because as always Simarae always has a unique taste.

"How do you want it!? How does you feel, coming up as a-" I grab my phone of the dresser, hitting the answer button without checking the screen. It's an dumb move considering the amount of calls I receive that arent as usual as they should be.

"Yes?" I answer.

"Mija, it's been so long since I've talked to you!" my mother's voice arupts through the phone, the adapted American accent is visible although she speaks the spanish lauguage - she can never be able to hide her african accent though it peeks through when she shouts at me.

"I know, I'm so sorry mama I've been pulled left and right these days." I try to justify my actions hoping she will go along with what I tell her, "How are you?"

"I'm doing fine, I was just at a lunch with Zaria. A weird woman she is, some things never change." my mother sighs through the phone, she never truly like Ash's mother said she gave off a bad feeling. She never disrespected her nonetheless.

"Mama!" I scold, "Do not say that, she is a good woman she treats me well"

"Yes, which is why I am aware of her. Where's Marae?" she asks finally, I look over my shoulder as Marae walks back in adjusting her figure-hugging ivory-toned and slip of a goddess gown. It hugs her perfectly and clungs to her body for dear life. She looks fuckable.

I mouth a 'Mama' while pointing to the phone, an instant smile replaces on her face, "Mama, te extraño muchísimo. ¿Cómo está mi bebé?" she asks already gleaming of radiance, she looks so happy it make me suspicious.

"She's okay mija, ella también te extraña, pero ella entiende." My mother chuckles, now on loudspeaker "¿Qué hay contigo en las noticias todo el tiempo?"