|𝟐𝟓.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗪𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴

Aria

No training in seduction, zero experience in the particular field. Unaware of the requirements and knowledge needed, little to nothing to know about dangerous men. All this in experience I have and yet still it feels so damn easy. A few glances here, a few there - a smile another shared glance and that's all it takes for the male gender to fall putty in your hands.

Atleast that's what I hope. And what I've seen.

I tilt my body towards the man who now stands beside me. He's closer and I now notice the little features I couldnt distinguish from afar. Like the way his nose is crooked as if he's been in way too many fight. Or the deep pink shade his lips have, his eyes are barely noticeable through his white mask but I can see he's wearing contact lenses.

"What is a handsome man like you doing talking to a girl like me?" I chuckle, twisting and turning my half empty glass of wine. I don't look up at him and instead act indifferent to his sudden curiosity towards me.

"Alas I don't believe I'm talking to a girl, I am talking to a woman - a very beautiful woman" He corrects. I sigh and look up at him meeting his eyes finally.

"Your lines are overrated. The word beautiful is overused, it's like a default for all men. Even than I'll give you one more chance, try again" I take a sip of my drink, seemingly unbothered and ready to get this show on the road.

"Damn. I don't think anyone has had the guts to say anything against me. You intrigue me, bello." he leans forward eyeing me waringly to see if he has any sort of effect on me. Great, no I have to act like he fazes me.

"Well than alot of people must not care whether you embarrass yourself." I chuckle. He smiles and his teeth are a bright shade of white. When I look away for a moment I see a sparkle and stare back at him in confusion. Did his teeth just freaking twinkle?

"So you care about me?" he contradicts. How typical of him to be a selective listener.

"I just met you." I reply. His eyes roam my body to try and probably try to remember where he saw me before. Give up Stanford and just enjoy the damn ride.

"Oasis Stanford. Tech genius, early twenties, devilishly handsome, great personality and sense of humor talking to and let me try this again. A ridiculously feisty and stunning woman with a gorgeous smile that could light up a room" he says, satisfied with his answer.

"Aria Middleton. Pleasure to meet you."We shake hands firmly and for a brief moment he stops registering my name through a rack of memories. The grin that takes over his face tells me he remembers me. Bingo.

"Aria? As in Aiden Middleton?" I furrow my eyebrows acting confused and he sees this taking it upon himself to continue explaining, "I met you via Aiden in his apartment and I asked you out, you said to try again after a year."

I laugh, "Oasis I had no idea I'd find you at such a party." I make sure to flash a smile, chewing my lip on occasion. His gaze drops to my lips every so now and often and I have to hide back a laugh. It's just too easy.

"Neither did I but lets not goad around unnecessary things. It's been a year, am I allowed to try again" he smirks. I move my glass away from me ready to hear his preposition.

"You're just full of second chances tonight aren't you? Alright what do you propose?" I turn my entire body towards him signaling my full attention whilst acting indifferent.