|𝟑𝟑.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗣𝗮𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗥𝗼𝗼𝗺 ♤

Aria

One of my earliest teenage memories included
my obsession with books. Typical I'm aware. From the likes of Jane Austen to the Brontes and the Oscar Wilde, my love for books only grew. Now because of this one would assume I am a typical average die-hard romantic. That couldn't have been further from the truth. But that's another story for another day...

Reading was one of the ways to flee my reality, to dive into the words of a book and dwell in the world of royalty, fantasy, and romance. Indulge in their problems to completely forget your own. In most cases, it was amazing falling in love with the world of a character. They would get their happy endings unlike us, but they would have them only with scars, in the end, to remind them of their battle.

Did I deserve a happy ending after all my scars?

Reading also opted for my love for writing. I prefer myself a metaphorical person but who the fuck am I kidding - I'm straight to the point. Nonetheless, writing was a different kind of escape for me. People I would meet, their eyes, their subtle actions. My dreams, my nightmares, my milestones. I would write everything down as a therapeutic exercise. On occasion, I would try new things to expand my writing, like sitting on the roof of my house or hanging upside down from the monkey pole in my doorway.

while reading a book. While I was relishing in the world of medieval royalty, imagining sitting in the queen's court as a high maiden or the main character. Ash decided the college library was the best place to use as a personal gun range. Asshole much? Yes, it was, but guess what there was no fucking way I was letting him shoot Emma. It took me at least half an hour to make him stop until I picked up his gun.

Interested, I asked him if I could try. Amused and intrigued, he gave me solid instructions on how to use it along with precautions and warnings. On my third try, I'd at least perfected shooting but not aiming at the point. Ash and I were so ecstatic for no reason that he picked me up and spun me around. Awkward moments later we sat on the roof the whole night and got to know each other. In his drunken state, he revealed things he wouldn't tell anyone else - seeing as I was a stranger.

That day I learned that not everyone's life is as black and white as society makes it out to be - he was grey.

The house was empty today, Marae and River were out with Zalea while the rest of the men were on a mission. Ash, I had no clue as to where he was or any of the team. It's not nice having a house this big to yourself but it was only for a few hours - or so I kept telling myself. I wore Ash's dress shirt that hung low on my thighs and off my wrists, I had to bunch it up a little for it to fit me though.

For the last two months, the house has been filled with sound every day since.

Taking advantage of the silence, I grab a book. It's leather material against my fingers as I trail over my name in cursive white. I stay seated in my room, writing my own experience into a story. Mythology. They are the greatest literature pieces of writing.

The Tragedy Of Deldaria.

Eldora was the first daughter to be born to a King in a century. She was the daughter of King Aros Ⅲ and Queen Jhoda Ⅰ. Eldaria was to be the first female ruler, she was modeled and built into the Queen she was destined to become. She had no say in what she would study or play or sing or dance, no say in her friends, her school, or her life. Everything was set out for her because nobody believed a woman to have the correct ambition, if you may call it that.