|𝟐𝟐.| 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗗𝗮𝗿𝗸 𝗣𝗿𝗶𝘀𝗼𝗻

Aria

My mind is always in spiral. Whether it has to do with work or home, I don't believe I ever catch a break. Not that I'm complaining I'm more than content with what I have which most people don't have. Although it doesn't mean I woke up with money lying in my accounts, I worked for it harder than anyone else.

Poison still spreads, it's venom always conceited. No matter how hard I try, it will still move freely in body. Like a nutrient it stays and digests - feeding my body's most deepest desires. To reveal the monster within. One day when it's fully spread tumored my brain, the day will not be good. When it takes its full effect, it'll move downward in circular motion deep into my eyes.

Like a death spiral.

"Bridge to Aria?" Marae sings. I hum and she stares out the window, I nod when I notice we've arrived at the base. We climb out of the car and go in, all locked doors now have our credentials making it much easier for us to enter. Marae uses her palm and retinal to open up access.

"We should've gotten something to eat, I'm never skipping breakfast again" my entire body feels like it's missing its source of energy and I'm an ultimate food lover. Many times I've been invited as a guest judge in cooking competitions and I had to learn to judge accordingly and critically and it was definitely worth it.

"I could definitely do with some Tagliolini al Tartufo" Marae adds, oh it's been a while since I had truffle pasta. It's a dish to savour when truffles are hard to find.

"You guys hungry?" Ash asks walking down towards us, I nod when he stands in front of me and his eyes sparkle for second. How do his eyes fucking sparkle? "That's good because we have dinner with my parents, unfortunately I don't want to have to postpone the meeting because it'll just add to our probelms so we'll have it there."

I stare at him in worry, the last I had dinner with Ash's family it didn't go so well. I have nothing against Ash's family, just the house. I was locked in a room for three days and I almost went out of my mind. My sanity was slowly faulting and I would've gone crazy if I wasn't taken out soon. I admit it's been half a decade since than but that doesn't mean it will make it any better for my memory, for my nightmares.

"I'm not comfortable with that" my voice is low but I make sure they can hear me. I'm being civil to Ash but that doesn't mean I'm ready to be completely free around him. Right now my walls are built way up and I see no reason to break them down.

"It won't be long and you won't have to speak or anything" he tries to convince me but it only makes me feel worse.

"I'm not going!" I stand my ground, never faltering because I never want to have those memories again.

"Aria you have to!" he shouts. When my eyes meet his there's full of anger behind them, irritation maybe. I glare at him but his stare only makes me feel afraid when I have no idea why.

"Don't shout at her." Marae tells Ash, I take on deep breaths to try and calm myself down before doing or saying anything I might regret.

"You can't force me." I lower my voice because I want to scream. How dare he shout at me! Who does he think he is? Why aren't I telling him off?

"Then I'll drag you there," his tone is spiteful, unkempt with remorse and like a lace of venom sits on the top of his tongue - like a poison slowly spreading. He walks away without another word and I'm left in disbelief. Why is he talking to me like that? The urge to scream sits idle at my throat and I hold it in, Maraes hand on my shoulder brings me back to reality.