|𝟏𝟑.| 𝗔 𝗥𝗶𝘃𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗳 𝗡𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁♤

"I have a plan."

I can practically feel heads turning at my statement. The reason is I've never had plans that aren't a whole other level of crazy. It's not my fault, I live off the adrenaline and thrill of being in danger. Just not when my family is involved or anyone I love is involved. Ash tries to read my face and I can see he's failing. I don't think he likes that.

"It's a bit crazy," before I finish I already hear a series of "of course, it is" ringing in my ear and next to me.

"It's not that crazy!" I deadpan. They quiet down and I continue, "The woman who was supposed to be 'entertainment' is late, and Mr. Romano insists on having a show. Simarae and I are going to have to replace them and you know we can put on a show. As far as I know, no matter how trained a man is not many can resist a woman putting on a show. We can use the opportunity to take out most of the guards, I'll explain that later. That should give Ash and River enough time to get the information we need."

"No, it's too risky" Ash inputs.

"I think that might just do it" River suggests. I whisper a thank you in my earpiece.

"There are too many things we need to think through, we're not sure if these girls were entertainment or also up for auction. They might recognize you as well, and everyone would be suspicious of why the Aria Middleton and Simarae Luxe are stripping for a middle-aged man." Ash points out.

"Ash has a point, we wouldn't be able to do anything if they auctioned you." River protests.

I remove mine and Ash's earpiece and hold them, "That's not what this is about and you know it, the light would be too dim to notice us and it's nothing a little makeup and prosthetics won't fix. Don't bring our past into this, it's as much nerve-racking for me already"

I give him back his earpiece and he clenches his fist when we listen in Marae says she is convinced and I don't know how but I'm glad she did. I go over what we do, which room I noticed the girls would be kept in, and everything else. When everything is done and explained, Marae joins me while Ash joins River. As we're about to part ways, Ash latches on to my arm.

"Please be careful?" He whispers.

"I always am," I assure him.

River winks at Marae and she rolls his eyes at him. He then scrunches his nose and Marae sticks her tongue out at him. It reminds me of Ash and me before things got ugly and I chuckle at the sight.

"Come on, lovebirds" I pull Marae and we walk off to the changing-dressing whatever they call this God forbidden room.

It takes us half an hour to put on the prosthetics and make-up. When we're done, I simply have to say no one will recognize us even under the dim lights. With the fake nose, a straightened jawline, wigs, contacts and a few fake tattoos I don't anyone would recognize us let alone a bunch of men who see women as nothing but a piece of meat.

We exit the room-costumes and all and proceed to the stage. Like I'd expected all the women have been excused and the men are already whistling when the spotlight lands on us, making the lace lingerie clearer. The self-conscious part of my mind wants to completely cover myself up and hide in a corner until I feel calm. Every single cell of my body is itching to run and never look back and I wish I could but I can't.

Marae goes over to her side and I can see she's uncomfortable but instead she's focusing her attention on me. I nod reassuring her that the lights go dim, and the song starts playing. 'Put your head on my shoulder a classic romance, being turned into a disgrace. We take deep breaths and I practically hear Ash and River fuming through the earpiece.