11.

"Justice we haven't seen you awhile." Kendra said as she placed a few pre-cracked crab legs on Samiyah and Kyrie's plate.

"I've been hanging out with a few of Taryn's friends." Justice shrugged as she dipped a potato into her mother's homemade spicy butter sauce.

"Are they anything like Taryn?" Kendra whispered.

Justice laughed and shook her head no.

"Taryn doesn't mean any harm momma, she's just...

Justice paused she couldn't put her finger on it.

"She's just a plain mess." Kendra said putting her thoughts in the conversation.

Justice laughed again.

"I'm serious, she doesn't care about anyone but herself and those boys she calls her boyfriend, and she's clearly jealous of you."

"Why would she be jealous of me?" Justice asked grabbing a sausage link off the board full of seafood.

"You have a loving family that will be there for you no matter what and Taryn's family doesn't even speak to her, Remember your first prom?"

Justice thought for a second and nodded.

"I wore that white and pink dress with a matching tiara." Justice smiled thinking back to the event.

Kendra nodded. "And you came home crying...why was that?"

Justice's smile turned into a frown.

"I came home covered in prom punch."

"And why was that?"

"Taryn tripped and spilled the cups of punch in her hand on me."

"Did she help you?"

Justice shook her head no.

"She simply said sorry and went off with another group of friends."

"Who helped you?" Kendra asked plating everyone's plates.

"Nai'mah did."

"Exactly, she didn't even know you but helped you out and Taryn and you had known each other ya whole lives and started off as friends in high school but did she help?"

Silence filled the air.

"No." The two women said in sync.

"I'm not saying stop being friends with her but...

Kendra grabbed her daughters hands and lightly squeezed them.

"I don't know why you give her so many chances I really don't but I do know that you can only give someone so much."

"You look so drained every time you come around."

Truth was Justice was drained very drained..it felt like she could do so much more in life but Taryn was holding her back.

"I-

"Is the food done yet." Darnell groaned as he walked outside with the rest of Justice's siblings.

"I was only making plates, y'all can come on."

Darnell did a happy dance and ran over to his plate.

"We eating good tonight!"

_

Justice stared at Taryn's message.

Taryn💛
Meet me at Dior's Nightclub

Kendra's words lurked in Justice's mind.