17.

Asaiah bit his bottom lip as Journey screamed at the top of her lungs.

Jaylin was practically prying her off of him.

The judge decided since there was no 'real' evidence of abuse Journey would continue to go to Jaylin's house for 3 day visits.

"I don't wanna go!" Journey screamed as she held onto Asaiah's neck.

"Journey I'm not playing with you- "I'm not playing with you Jaylin if you hurt her there will be problems." Asaiah snapped back cutting her off.

"Are you threatening me?"

"I-

"Bring her back in 3 days ok? I don't wanna see a scratch on her." Mercedes said being the peaceful one.

Alani cleared her throat as she pushed through the two adults.

"Since we're both around the same age if she even come home sad that ass is mine." Alani smiled.

Both Alani and Asaiah were very overprotective over Journey, They hated seeing her down so knowing what Jaylin was doing really pushed their buttons.

Jaylin rolled her eyes as she grabbed Journey out of Asaiah's hands.

Alani's face held the meanest mug as Jaylin began to get in her car.

Jaylin drove off and as she did Asaiah pushed Alani in the shoulder. "Stop cussing."

Alani pushed Asaiah back so Asaiah shoved Alani to the ground.

Alani stood up and pouted. "Momma he pushed me!"

"Snitch."

"Y'all so childish," Mercedes chuckled.

_

3-year-old Asaiah played with an old dog toy while his mom snorted another line, it would be her 3rd one for the day.

Avery, Asaiah's mother had been a drug addict since she was 15, she was 17 when she got pregnant but knew not to use while pregnant.

Avery wiped her nose as she walked over to the single mattress her and Asaiah slept on. She grabbed Asaiah and put him in her lap. She took the tore up dog toy out of his small hands and turned him so he was facing her.

Asaiah began to cry realizing the toy was gone.

"Aht, no crying."

She wiped Asaiah's tears and kissed his forehead.

"You gotta be a man, you gotta be strong." "Mommy's gonna quit and when she does you and her are gonna live in a beautiful house with 10 different rooms and a elevator and-

The front door was kicked open and a man walked through the door.

"Shaun you can't come barging in my house-
Avery started but was cut off.

"Shut up and meet me in the room." Shaun spat not even acknowledging Asaiah.

Shaun wasn't Asaiah's father he was just a man that abused and used his mother whenever he got the chance.

Avery smiled a weak smile as she got up from her spot on the mattress.

"I love you Asaiah."
_