15.

Asaiah pulled into his mom's driveway, he hadn't visited since the family reunion which was almost a month ago.

Asaiah unlocked the front door and walked into his childhood home.

"Ma!"

"Ma!" Asaiah yelled as he walked into the kitchen.

"She's not here."

Asaiah rolled his eyes as he watched Jamar pull a beer out of the fridge.

"If she's not here why are you?"

"I live here, I'm your father-

"You are not my dad, never have been never will be," Asaiah said cutting him off.

Jamar smacked his lips. "Stop acting like a little ass boy and be the grown man that you are."

"Man stop talking to me aight."

"Should've left yo ass at that foster home," Jamar mumbled as he walked out of the kitchen.

Asaiah was about to reply to Jamar's slick comment but he decided to keep quiet when he heard his mom enter the house.

"Ma!" Asaiah called out as he went to greet his mom.

"What are you doing here Saiah?" Mercedes asked as she put her keys in her purse.

"Thought I'd visit." He shrugged. "Where's Journey?"

"She wanted to sit on the porch."

After 4 days of Journey staying with Jaylin Mercedes went and picked her up.

Asaiah went out to speak to Journey, instantly you could tell something was wrong.

"What's up Journ."

Journey sat on the porch step and stared out at nothing.

Asaiah took a seat next to her and put her in his lap. Journey grabbed onto Asaiah like he was gonna disappear. No one had ever held on to Asaiah so tight.

Muffled sniffs were all you heard and Asaiah let Journey cry.

He didn't know why she was crying but he could tell it was bad.

"What happened Journ?" He asked as he pulled her away from his chest and wiped her tears.

"I don't wanna go to mommy's house anymore."

"Why not?"

"S-She h-hit me." Journey sniffed.

"I wanna go to your house she's gonna find me."

Asaiah held the meanest mug ever. He didn't have the best early childhood and knowing that the same thing that had happened to him was happening to Journey pissed him off.

"She's not gonna find you, Journey, as long as you're with me."

"You can stay with me for a few days."

Asaiah's phone buzzed, still with Journey in his arms he pulled his phone out of his pocket.

It was a message from Asia asking about Justice.

Asaiah hadn't seen or heard from Justice in about 3 days. He watched her leave Kari's house but he didn't quite know why.

He turned off his phone and gave all his attention to Journey.

"Let's go talk to GG."

_

Justice sat in the hospital waiting room, her whole body was shaking.