Chapter 10

Sophia's Story (1)

Sophia POV

“You are literally ruining my life!” I yelled as I watched my father tuck my phone in his pocket.

He heaved a sigh out of frustration as his eyes filled with sadness. “You say that everyday.”

“It's because everyday, you come up with new ways to ruin my life.”

“You know this your fault!” He fought, his voice rising as his hands began to shake, “If you just did what I told you—”

I let out a loud scream as I picked up a pillow from the couch and threw it across the room. “I literally want to die right now.”

“And I literally suggest you go up to your room.” He mocked, rolling his eyes.

I hate you!” I grunted.

I screamed once more before stomping my feet all the way up the stairs. When I got to my room, I slammed the door shut to make a statement about how angry I was and then locked the door behind me. 

I turned up my stereo to as loud as it can go and felt satisfied when the whole house began vibrating from the bass.

I took out my laptop and logged on to my Facebook account.

I saw that I already gotten a million and one messages; probably due to the fact that I wasn't able to answer my texts.

It's crazy how popular I was and my dad didn't understand the pressure that I go through if I don't reply right away especially to people throwing a party.

I scanned through all the unimportant ones and only replied back to my friends who were wondering if I was still attending Russell's party. Russell was a fucking nerd but he had the best house--or should I say mansion--out of everybody and when his parents go out of town, we take advantage.

Of course my dad wouldn't let me go but that doesn't mean I wasn't going.

I stopped replying to everybody all together and just reply to my boyfriend, Brandon:

Brandon: babe ur still coming tonight, right?

Me: of course, wouldn't miss it

Brandon: great so do you want me to pick you up?

Me: no, I'll just meet u there

Brandon: you can't cuz Russell's parents are not going out of town

Me: are you fucking kidding me? Then what are we doing tonight? 

Brandon: Russell moved the party to his parent's cabin in Lakeview.

Me: LAKEVIEW?! That's like a two hour drive

Brandon: exactly that's why we need to go together.

Me: okay just meet me at the hut at like 7:30

Brandon: love u

Me: Love U2

A loud knock was heard from the other side of my door and I turned my stereo off.

"Who is it?" I asked in a demanding voice.

"Honey, it me," mom answered, "can you open the door for me?"

"Is dad with you?"

"No he's downstairs watching TV and I bought you some food." The mentioning of food made me hop off my bed and slowly opened the door for my mother. Thankfully, she wasn't lying and dad wasn't standing beside her with that oh so familiar glare that he loved to give me so much.

I ushered her in, and quickly locked the door behind her.

She handed me the KFC bag and I quickly grabbed it. I didn't even know what I was eating, I just knew that I was starving and just stuffed my face with chicken.

My mother grimaced when I took a handful of mashed potatoes and shoved it inside my mouth and I licked my hand, removing excess food off my hand.

Mom came to sit next to me and I moved the chicken out of her reach. She wrapped her arms around me and smiled but it was strain. "You know your dad loves you right?" She spoke softly. Unlike my dad, mom doesn't like to yell.

"I know," I replied with an eye roll, "but he should realize that he's ruining my life."

She sighed sadly. "What happened this time?"

"Well," I started, "I know he asked me to clean my room and take the trash out and I have a good reason why I didn't, he needs to understand that my phone is basically my life."

"Okay," she groaned, "I will give you back your phone but you got to clean your room and apologize to your father."

"Deal!" I agreed.

I grinned when she took out my phone from her pocket and handed it to me. I hugged my phone and gave it a sweet kiss.

Victory shall be mine!

"Clean your room now and then apologize to your father afterwards." She demanded using her stern voice.

"Um—" I said, "can I apologize to dad now and clean my room later? I have somewhere to be." I knew that dad wouldn't let me go to the party but mom was more understanding and easier to trick.

"Where are you going?" She asked.

"Well, Russell Anderson is having this little get together at his parent's cabin and he really wanted me to come."

"I didn't know you and Russell were friends."

"We are the best of friends mother." I said trying to sound convincing. I am not the the best liar especially if I was talking to my father but my mother was a gullible one.

"And where is this little get together taking place?"

"At his parent's cabin."

"Does this cabin have an address?" She rose her eyebrows in question.

Man, this woman ask a lot of questions.

"It's in Lakeview and mom before you say anything—"

"Sophia! No absolutely not."

"But mom—"

"You cannot go to a party on a school night especially if it's at Lakeview."

"It's not a party." I defended.

"Right," she said sarcastically, "it's a get together." She put air quotes as she said the word "get together".

I picked up a pillow and screamed into it.

"You people are ruining my life." I yelled.

"Honey, you say that everyday." 

I growled. "Get out!" 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the shortness but Sophia is telling her story in her point of view...this is gonna be in three parts :)

VOTE (35)

COMMENT (7)

FOLLOW

picture of Sophia (Miley Cyrus) is on the side ---->