Chapter 4

"What book do you want to present?"I asked. Sophia and I's desks were facing each other and this was the first time one of us spoke in the last ten minutes.

She gave me one of her infamous glare. "I know you want to do a stupid and brainless book like twilight," she sneered, "but I think we should do Bridget Jones diary."

"Fine by me," I shrugged, "and I don't even like twilight." I snickered. When Twilight was really big, I really did try to get into the hype but I couldn't and the only thing that reeled me in was Taylor Lautner's sexy body.

"Great." She replied, still glaring. I smiled back and picked up my stuff when the bell rang. From the corner of my eyes, I saw that Lisa FKA purple hair girl was trying to get my attention. I packed up my stuff even faster and ran out after Sophia who was surprisingly already walking out the door.

"Hey!" I called out. I waved my hands trying to get her attention and Sophia stopped walking and waited for me to catch up to her.

I don't know why I wanted her to like me so badly but I knew it had to do with something about what my pen pal said about being nicer to Sophia because she lost her parents.

"What do you want?" She asked me rudely.

"Um-" I stuttered, "I was just wanted to know if you wanted to do a sleepover at my house?" My voice was filled with uncertainty and I waited for her answer.

"Why?" I shrugged, not really knowing the answer. "Sure." She sighed. She then walked away leaving me alone with my thoughts. I did a little leap but stop myself when I got weird looks from bystanders.

** 

Dear Alex,

I couldn't sleep so it's literally midnight as I write this and I can't stop thinking about what your really name can be. I finally came up with the name Alex because you sound like an Alex. But first and foremost, my name is Kassandra not blond bitch. By the way, I'm not even blond! I have light brown hair that reached the middle of my back. You do realize you sound like a complete psychopath right? I hope you didn't hurt that guy with your pencil. As for your friend, nobody really talk about the pen pal project so I have no clue who could be Jonah's pen pal. Anyways, because of you I was completely nice to Sophia today and I even invited her to a sleepover. Have you ever felt lonely even though you are surrounded by a bunch of people? That's how I feel everyday. I want someone to understand me. Anyways, I gotta get some z's.

Xoxo

Kassandra.

**

Dear Blond bitch,

Yeah okay I really don't care what your name is and I really could care less if you are blond. But HELLO! I go to school for DELINQUENTS, people literally fight for the crown to see whose more psychotic so you calling me a psychopath probably got me some cool points. What the fuck did you think? As for Josh, I didn't even get to stab that annoying bastard. There's security in every classroom. As for being lonely, no I don't exactly know what you mean. By the way, my name is not Alex! I actually fought an Alex in fifth grade and he had to walk around with a cast for a week. Even when I was a kid, I was pretty awesome. Anyways, when you and Sophia have that sleepover, make sure you do all the necessary like pillow fights and make-out sessions but video tape it so I could watch.

Bye bitch

A.B

P.s. Don't worry, that's not blood in the corner of the paper, it's just ketchup. I wrote this letter at lunch.

P.p.s Jonah wants to know if Sophia is hot. He's obsessed with weird girls. One time he went out with a girl who liked to greet people by licking their hands.

I laughed at the last part and put the letter in my backpack. Sophia raised her eyebrows in question.

I laughed out loud again. "I'll tell you later."

She shook her head. "You're so weird."

Three days has passed since Sophia and I were declared partners and yesterday we had our sleepover.

I smiled as I thought about the sleepover.

Flashback

Pillows. Check. Snacks. Check. Bunch of movies. Check. Board games. Check.

What else am I missing? I never had a sleepover before. I literally had to Google: how to plan your first sleepover.

The doorbell rang and I ran to open the door to let Sophia in. Sophia stepped inside and looked around her surroundings.

"Nice house." She complimented.

"Thanks." I smiled. I took her bags out of her hands and went upstairs and settled them on my bed.

I went back downstairs and motion for Sophia to follow me to the living room.

"Do you want to watch a movie?" I asked, "Or we can play—"

She cut me off. "Why did you invite me over here?"

"For a sleepover," I replied enthusiastically.

Sophia rolled her eyes and she glared but to no one in particular. "Is this a joke? Did you bet your friends that you can spend the night with me?"

My smile slowly faded. I put my hands up in surrender. "I swear that's not what I'm trying to do."

"Then why?" She snapped.

There was a pause. I didn't know if I should tell her.

I shrugged. "I feel lonely." I admitted.

"You?" She scoffed, "you do realize that you are the most popular girl in school?"

"I know but have you ever been surrounded by a bunch of people but still feel alone?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "when my parents died."

"Can we start over?"

"Yeah, I'd like that."

End of flashback

I finished telling Sophia about my pen pal when we were walking towards my locker after English class.

"Your so weird." She repeated.

Isn't it ironic that the weird girl is calling me weird?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VOTE (25)

COMMENT (5)

FOLLOW