Chapter 26

Hey y'all! I know long time no update. Lo siento. But I was having a little writers block and then I was at work and all of a suddenly it came to me. I work at a retail store so i was getting annoyed with customers like I'm trying to write my chapter here get off my grill. Did I just say get off my grill? Anyways, I wrote this on my phone so you are warned prob a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes but it's nothing new. It's funny (not really) but the semester just started and EVERY semester I'm not kidding you my laptops/tablets always break. Not even joking the day before school start tablet was fine then on the first day of school it cracked and stopped working. Anyways ENJOY.
------------------------------------------------------
Kassandra's POV

I know I said I wanted to change my image and I know I told Asher I would help him but this isn't me.

No duh.

Speaking of Asher, he's acting like he don't even know me. Why do relationships have to be so complicated? Why do I have to be so complicated?

Aaron, he's my perfect match; rich, set to be successful, his dad works for my dad and they basically set an arranged marriage for us. So why couldn't I just be with him?

Then there's Asher. I'm not going make a cons and pros list again. I learned my lesson. He's everything Aaron is not but yet, he's perfect for me.

"Hey Kassandra!" I turned around and came face to face with the beach boy from earlier. He really was cute.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Everyone decided to go up to room 384 so I came to get you." He flashed me that camera ready smile of his.

Ah, room 384. Him and I both know there is no room 384 in this school. A few years ago, someone found a secret room in this school. They decided to share it with only the most popular kids in school. I know it's dumb but it makes you feel like you're part of something important.

"Actually," I said, "I was wondering if y'all wanted to pull a prank on the Lincoln kids."

"What kind of prank?" His eyebrows were raised.

I hesitated. So I was never really the one to think quick on my feet. I don't even know how to pull a prank.

"Um," I laughed nervously, "I actually don't know yet but we can all leave our stuff in the room and come up with something." I shrugged. Stupid plan but if they bought it then Asher could just do whatever.

Asher wanted to make some "quick cash" and for some reason I went with it. These people were supposed to be my friend and I'm helping steal their stuff.

I wonder if he can sense how nervous I was.

"Sure." He agreed.

He walked away, probably going to tell the others about my ridiculous plan. Time to find Asher.

I found him talking to Jonah and Sophia. I felt a little ping in my heart. This is going to sound crazy but I never felt like I belonged to a group. So I'm supposed to belong to the popular crowd but they don't know the real me and I barely know anyone's name. I badly wanted to fit into Asher's crowd but I don't think I ever would and seeing how Sophia easily fits in his crowd hurts.

"Hey." I greeted. I mustered up a tiny smile.

"Did you distract them?" Jonah asked.

I nodded. "Yeah, I'll show you guys where the room is."

***
Right now it feels like the whole world is staring at me. Okay maybe not the whole world but a lot of people are staring at me right now.

Waiting.