Take A Chance On Me [boyxboy]

“OW! SON OF A SPONGE LIVING IN A PINEAPPLE UNDER THE SEA!”

                I let out a string of curse words and stuck my now lightly bleeding finger in my mouth. Jeez, paper cuts were the worst form of torture. I guarantee if you take a bunch of suspects and give them a paper cut, they would tell you everything you wanted to know.

                “Math homework, you are now my enemy.” I growled, pulling my finger out of my mouth and narrowing my eyes at the worksheet that had attempted to sever my finger.

                I carefully plucked the worksheet out of my locker and stuffed it into my backpack. I zipped up my bag and slung it over my shoulder, standing up and shutting my locker.

                I sighed and brushed my hair out of my eyes, looking around the hallway. It was still early, so there weren’t a lot of people at the school yet.

                “I wonder if Eric and Tabitha are here yet.” I mumbled to myself.

                I glanced down at my finger and pouted. My eyes suddenly widened in terror. What if the gash on my finger got infected and they had to chop it off? I WOULD ONLY HAVE NINE FINGERS.

                “Tate, why are you staring at your finger like it’s Satan?”

                I jumped in shock and spun to face Ashley. She raised an eyebrow at me and I pouted even deeper, waving my finger in her face.

                “Do you see this gash? My math homework attacked me a minute ago. Oh god, Ash. I think I can see the bone,” I said miserably. “I’m going to bleed to death, right here in the hallway of our high school. What a horrible way to go.”

                “Tate, it’s not even bleeding! It’s just red. It barely even broke the skin. Stop being a baby.” Ashley said, rolling her eyes in annoyance and smacking my hand away from her face.

                “Whatever. Selfish bitch.” I grumbled, wincing when she glared at me. Not that I was afraid of a girl or anything. I just was…afraid…of…

                You know what? Shut up. You’d be afraid of this chick too. She wore so much make up it wasn’t even healthy, and don’t even get me started on those claws.

                “Where are Eric, Tabitha, and Rupert?” I asked curiously. 

                “I was about to ask you the same thing.” She said with a sigh.

                I shrugged at her. “Well, why are we standing around? Let’s go find them!” I snapped in her face and spun on my heels, walking towards the main lobby of the school.

                Ashley caught up to me and shot me a quick glare before letting her eyes scan the hallway for any sign of Eric, Tabitha, or Rupert. I looked around as well.

                “Oh, there they are.” Ashley said, nodding.

                I glanced over and spotted them standing in a half-circle. I cocked my head to the side curiously, wondering why the three of them were standing like that.

                Ashley and I made our way over towards them, and I instantly understood why they were standing like that. They were gathered around someone.

                That someone happened to be named Callum. I couldn’t remember his last name, but I definitely recognized him. Plus, his first name wasn’t exactly common.