Take A Chance On Me {14}

Come the following Monday, I was like a school girl in heat. If that makes sense. All I could think about was Callum, Callum, Callum. Oh, and a little bit of Eric and Rupert since they tried to put me in a coma and all, but anyways. I was relatively happy when I got to school.

It was weird though. After such an event it felt like people should be staring and pointing, except no one knew about what happened.

I flinched as I passed Ashley in the hall, and she smirked at me. I grit my teeth, suddenly furious. I pushed through the students towards her and grabbed her arm, pulling her around the corner. She widened her eyes, giving me a stunned look.

“Excuse you, traitor! Don’t touch me!” She wrenched her arm away and I glared at her.

“How can you be so sick? After what they did I expected at least you to get away from them. I always thought you were the most human out of the group, but I guess I was wrong.” She scoffed, flipping her hair.

“You are still a drama queen! I can’t believe you would over react about something so little.” I gaped at her disbelievingly.

“You call this little, you cold blooded bitch?” I turned and pulled my beanie off carefully, showing her the gash on the back of my head. I heard her gasp, and I turned to see her looking shocked.

“What…but, they said they just…pushed you around.” Ashley stammered. I snorted, putting my beanie back on.

“Shows how gullible you are. I can’t believe you didn’t know. I figured you jerks danced around a bonfire after doing this crap to me.” She shook her head, face pale.

“I-I have to go.” She hurried away from me and I sighed. They’ll never change, will they?

I went to first period frowning, trying to get my mood back. By the time class ended I was feeling better, and as second period went by I felt as good as new. That is, until I ran into Brandon again. I didn’t realize how much we saw of each other until I didn’t want to see him.

“Tate, can we talk?” He sounded serious this time, so I nodded skeptically and he pulled me aside.

“What is it, Brandon? I have to get to class.” He cleared his throat, looking up at me from underneath his lashes.

“I just…I spent all this time writing the dictionary on my dick last night. It would be nice if you could let me put some words in your mouth.” I froze, wrinkling my nose as he looked at me completely serious.

“You’re disgusting Brandon. Really, truly disgusting.” He put a hand on the wall beside my head, making me look at him warily.

“Aw come on, we used to have so much fun.” He put his hand on my hip and I shoved it off, an incredulous look on my face.

“Lay off you sleaze. I’m not going to have sex with you!” I shoved my way past him, ignoring the looks people were giving us as they walked by. He grabbed my hand, forcing me to face him and placing his other hand on my chest.

“That’s not what you said when you had your lips around me.” I flushed a furious red and yanked my hand away, speed walking in the opposite direction. That asshole! Why would he say that out loud? Is he trying to reveal every personal thing we did on purpose?

I shook my head, forgetting about him. I don’t need more stress right now, and Brandon is one hell of an extra headache.

****

At lunch I was more than happy to see Callum and Natalie already seated. I hadn’t seen him all day and boy was he a sight for sore eyes. I sat next to him happily and grinned as Natalie rolled her eyes. Callum gave me a tiny smile, which had Natalie just looking back and forth between the two of us.

“Where have you been? I haven’t seen you all day.” He shrugged, ignoring Natalie as well.

“I guess we just missed each other in the halls.”

“Missed each other is right.” I grumbled, thinking of how pathetic I was missing him all morning. I noticed him blushing slightly in the corner of my eye and smirked. Looks like he heard that.

“Not to mention I was pretty cold all last night…no toned arms to hold me.” I sighed dramatically, struggling not to laugh as the red in his cheeks grew. Natalie seemed to catch on quickly though, as she sat there with her mouth wide open.

“Scrawny white boy say what?! When did this happen?” I grimaced. Scrawny white boy? Rude.

“Uh, nothing happened. I don’t know what you mean.” Callum mumbled, his eyes cast downward.

“Oh no, you ain’t giving me the slip boy. You don’t even cuddle no teddy bear, much less a person! What is wrong with you lately? You used to be afraid to even touch somebody!” She snapped, and I looked at Callum confused while he gave Natalie a warning look.

“Natalie, now really is not the time to discuss this.”

“I don’t care what time it is! You have been acting all kinds of shady, and I don’t like it. Are you over what happened with Mike?” Callum paled at this, and Natalie smirked. I suddenly wanted to slap her.

“That’s what I thought.” There was an awkward silence after that, because no one really knew what to say. I didn’t have any idea what she was hinting at, nor why It made Callum so uncomfortable. I definitely didn’t want to press him about it, because it was obviously something he didn’t even want to talk about with his ‘best friend’.

 How do I even begin to go about asking anyways? It’s not like we’re in a private setting. Or maybe…that’s it! A date! What’s more private than a date? As long as we go somewhere secluded.

Besides, it’s about time I got to know him a little better, what with my strange infatuation with him and my desire to-never mind. All I know is that this is more than deep seated curiosity, and I intend to find out exactly what it is.