Take A Chance On Me {15}

“If I were Callum, where would I be?” I mumbled to myself, glancing around the hall for any sign of that sexy boy.

                “I’d be right there!” I said, spotting him.

                I hurried over to him and poked his arm. He turned to face me and raised an eyebrow, shutting his locker and slinging his backpack over his shoulder.

                “Yes Tate?” He asked.

                “Want to go…get food and…stuff?” I asked.

                Callum bit his lip, trying not to laugh. “Tate, are you trying to ask me on a date?”

                “Hey! Tate and date rhyme!” I cried in excitement. But I frowned, remembering how Brandon always used to laugh whenever he said “I’m going on a date with Tate.” Ewww Brandon.

                I nodded at Callum, grinning and reaching my hand towards his ass. Callum, having caught onto my perversion by now, grabbed my wrist and rolled his eyes at me.

                “As long as you promise not to grab my ass, yes. A friendly date,” he said, suddenly looking awkward and nervous. Friendly date? Eh, it was still a date. I’d take it.

                “Fine, fine, fine,” I said, knowing full well that I was lying. “I won’t grab your ass on the date. The friendly date.” I tried not to laugh as I said it.

                “Alright. Come on; I’ll drive us.”

                “You drive?” I asked as I followed him down the hallway.

                Callum stared at me like I was stupid. “Tate, you saw me driving my sister to practice. When we ran into each other at the gas station the other day.”

                “Oh right. I did,” I said, scratching my head curiously. “Huh. Well, whatever! Don’t be mean when I say stupid things. I kind of had my head bashed against a wall.” I gestured to the back of my head, where the gash was safely covered by my beanie.

                “How is your head, by the way?” He asked, sounding concerned.

                I shrugged at him. “It’ll be fine Callum.”

                We walked down to the parking lot in comfortable silence. Callum led me over to his car and I climbed into it as Callum started it up.

                “So, where do you want to go to get food and stuff?” Callum asked, smirking a little.

                I pouted at him. “Do not make fun of me Callum Cook! Jeez, I still can’t get over the fact that that’s your name. Cook. How boring. Anyways, how about Taco Bell?”

                “Sure,” Callum said, pulling out of the parking lot and taking off down the street in the direction of Taco Bell.

                I pulled out my wallet and checked to make sure I even had money, nodding to myself after counting out $32. Well, at least I had enough money to go to Taco Bell and somewhere else.

                “So you know my brother. Do you have any siblings Callum?” I asked. Hey, the whole point of this date was to get to know more about the guy!

                “I have two sisters,” he said, glancing at me before returning his gaze to the road. “And again, you saw me with one of them at the gas station.”