Take A Chance On Me {5}

“That was some stunt you pulled yesterday Tate.” Eric said as I went up to them the next day.

                I grinned and shrugged. “It was nothing.”

                “It was pretty entertaining.” Rupert said, nodding at me.

                “How was it entertaining? He messed it up and passed out like a loser. That one kid had to carry him to the nurse’s office.” Tabitha said, rolling her eyes at me.

                Huh? Had Craig carried me to the nurse’s office? Well…whatever. Sorry my head wasn’t made out of freaking stone or something! When I hit it that hard, I typically passed out!

                “Anything interesting planned for today?” Eric asked me curiously, smirking.

                I shook my head at him. “Nope.” I said, popping the “p”.

                Eric’s smirk disappeared and he shook his head in annoyance. “What good is having you around if one stunt scares you off? You’re so lame sometimes Tate. Whatever. The bells’ about to ring. Let’s just get to class.”

                I grinned widely as they turned away from me to head to class. Of course I had another stunt planned for today. I would get Callum’s attention with this stunt for sure, and that was all I really cared about.

                The bell rang and we headed off to class. When lunch time rolled around, I sat at our usual table, going over the details of my next stunt in my mind.

                “Tate!”

                Someone was snapping in front of my face. I yelped and jumped back in surprise before pouting at Ashley.

                “What?” I whined. “Why are you snapping in my face?!”

                “To get your attention! Stop daydreaming.” She said in annoyance. “What the hell is wrong with you today?”

                “Nothing’s wrong with me.” I said, rolling my eyes.

                I looked over towards Callum’s table and saw him sitting there with that girl I didn’t know. She was talking happily, and Callum was just staring down at his lunch with his usual indifferent expression.

                I turned my head down towards my lunch so that my friends wouldn’t see my smile. I had a perfect plan to get his attention.

                He was worried about me taking risks, right? He had seemed to be concerned about me yesterday with the whole skateboarding incident.

                So, lying in bed last night holding an ice pack to my pounding head, I had come up with a perfect plan. It was enough to put me at some risk to get Callum’s attention, but not enough risk for me to get seriously hurt.

                Man, they should make an MTV show about me. I mean, who wants to watch Snooki & JWoww when they could watch me pulling incredible stunts? I would make millions.

                Hm. Note to self: Email MTV about getting own show.

                “Tate, you’re doing it again!” Ashley said in annoyance. “Stop daydreaming!”

                She started snapping in my face again and I smacked her hand away with a whine. I narrowed my eyes at her.

                “Stop snapping in my face! It’s extremely unpleasant!” I whined.