Take A Chance On Me {25}

***Tate’s POV***

            “Hey boyfriend,” I said, grinning and slapping Callum’s booty.

            Callum jumped and stood up. He sighed and pulled me into his arms. His strong, muscular arms. Mmm, my boyfriend.

            “If I ask you politely, will you stop touching my butt?”

            “Nope.”

            “If I threaten you, will you stop touching my butt?”

            “N-O-P-E.”

            Callum sighed again, releasing me. “I can’t stand you.”

            “That’s okay, because we’re dating,” I said, beyond joyful to say that. It was hard to believe that I was finally dating Callum Cook, a boy who had been so closed off from society when I had first met him.

            When I had first met Callum, he had seemed like some pathetic anti-social weirdo who was going to grow old and live with 30 frogs or something. OH GOD WHAT IF CALLUM HAD BECOME A CAT LADY.

            “It’s okay, you have me now,” I said, patting his head reassuringly.

            “Huh?” He asked in confusion.

            “You won’t have to be a lonely cat lady Callum,” I said sympathetically. “Tate’s here for you. Wait, why did I just talk in the third person? Hm, I scare myself sometimes.”

            “I don’t know what you’re talking about,” He said with a sigh, taking my hand in his. “Do you need to go to your locker?”

            “Yes sir!” I said, dragging him down the hallway to my locker.

            I put in my combination and pulled it open, digging around for my books. I straightened up and shut my locker, jumping back in shock.

            “Hey Tate,” Brandon said, grinning.

            “Go away,” Callum growled immediately. Aw, how cute! My boyfriend was like a vicious little guard dog!

            “Yeah, go away Brandon. Do you see this?” I gestured at Callum. “This is my boyfriend. Boyfriend. Callum, not you. So buh-bye, you perverted asshole.”

            “Perverted asshole whose father just saved your ass,” he said, his grin getting wider.

            I froze. “What?”

            “Did you forget that my dad is a cop, Tate? He arrested Eric, Tabitha, and Rupert. He went through Tabitha’s phone and found that video of Ashley. And yes, he told me everything. He wanted to know if I knew if they had done anything else to you. He said he misses when we were dating, Tate. I miss it too,” he said, stepping closer to me.

            Callum put a protective arm around me. “Okay, so your dad arrested them,” he said, his voice tight. “That’s good. Thank you for telling us. Goodbye.”

            Brandon shook his head. “I told my dad that they always give you trouble, Tate. I’m also the one who told him he could find the three of them together at the park after school.”

            “Why are you telling me this?” I demanded.

            “Because I helped my dad find them so he could arrest them. I think the least you could do is pay me back.” His grin was eating up his face.