33. Wild

"She conquered her demons and wore her scars like wings. " ― Atticus Poetry.

The Fighter

I guess if I was a regular person, my entire body would be burning with pain and agony. Now, I guess I'm just used to the pain.

I was pretty sure my ankle was broken, as was my wrist. My elbow was looking out-of-place and my body was slumping to one side. I was suspicious that there was a serious issue with my shoulder, and my neck felt funny, but I was still able to run along the corridor as if it was my life hanging over the edge of the pit.

Out of nowhere, someone body-slammed me and I yelped as I was flung against the wall and fell to the floor in a heap. I hadn't even reached the stairs yet and could still see the pit where Jason, Stew and Spencer remained.

"And just where do you think you're going?" Hart smiled, hitting a baton into her empty hand and smiling wickedly at me as I licked blood from my lip and scrambled from my knees to my ass.

"I was going to kill my mother, but you rudely interrupted." I sniped, glaring at her as I began climbing to my feet.

Suddenly the baton hit out and slammed down on the small of my back. I screamed out in agony and it ricocheted off the marble walls.

"You never made this much noise before," Hart growled, grabbing me by the back of my shirt and dragging me around the back of the stairs, tossing me inside what appeared to be a large reception room, empty and devoid of furniture or life.

"I guess we really did do a number on you." She smiled wickedly and moved as if to hit me again with the baton, but I kicked out, my boot colliding with her right wrist, a sickening crunch making me smile as the baton flew from her hand.

I scrambled to my feet as she screamed out, cradling her wrist as her eyes watered.

I kicked the baton across the room and waited until she'd righted herself.

"You'll pay for that, bitch." She spat between her teeth, her eyes still shining.

"Oh I'm only just beginning, babe," I winked, spreading my feet hip-width apart and readying my posture. "Come on," I said, squaring my shoulders. "This fight's going to be a fair one. No weapons, no chains, just you and me, bitch on bitch," I smirked and she glared at me.

"What d'ya say?" I asked, cocking my head to the side. "You scared I'll beat you?"

She cracked her neck and positioned herself similar to the stance I was already in.

"You've been beaten to within an inch of your life," She snarled. "You're easy meat."

I laughed and grinned at her.

"Well in that case, I'm glad you think so..."

We stared each other out for a while, before her left fist flew out clumsily, as if to punch me. I grabbed the fist and twisted, hearing her scream as I yanked her body against mine and wrapped my arms around her, already pulling her into a choke hold.

"You were saying?" I whispered, my lips pressed against her ears.

I felt her shudder against me before she pulled me over and slammed my body down on the floor, wincing as she cradled both of her wrists.

The breath was completely knocked from me and I lay there for a few moments, trying to breathe, my eyes watering.

She took the opportunity to reach out and kick me hard in the side, my ribs crunching and one of them cracking.

I winced, but barely felt the pain, and reached out to snatch her foot, pulling her onto the floor beside me.

She yelled out in surprise and I rolled over, straddling her hips and pinning her arms above her head.