Chapter 4

The next day rolled on slowly and Myra found herself seeking comfort from Victor. The continuous glares of the brothers scared her and it only pushed her more closer to Victor.

Myra was on her way to the dining hall, one of the guard was escorting her there but she found herself getting frozen on her path when suddenly Max came out of nowhere in front of them.

"Oh hello little sister." There was no hidden warmth in his words. He practically sneered these words at her face making her feel more scared.

He was about to say something else but thankfully Victor came for the rescue.

"Myra! Max!" He acknowledged them by the single curt nod without even glancing in the guard's direction who mutely strolled away, giving them privacy.

Max showed his brother a boxy smile in return. Myra just stepped closer to Victor.

Victor's features softened a little but he was quick to mask his emotion. He held his index finger in Myra's direction and she wrapped her own small fingers around it and let him lead the way to dining hall.

Triplets were already sitting there munching hungrily on their foods like no tomorrow. Tristan was busy on the business call but nevertheless he passed a smile in Myra's direction.

Enrique found his mood getting sour when he glanced at the small girl for the very first time properly.

The breakfast was done in uneventful silence. Victor patted Myra's head one last time and said his goodbye before following his father outside the mansion. He was going to office, leaving Myra all alone with the triplets Gray brothers with a silent warning in his eyes.

Max went upstairs without a word. Myra was also about to leave but she stopped when Arles whistled gaining her attention.

"Come here." He called her.

Myra shakily went towards him.

"Listen to me and listen good! I don't know what Victor have told you but you can never be our sister! So don't even assume that we will treat you like one. Yes, Victor have warned us to not harm you but if you ever decided to come in our personal space, we will hurt you and that too badly! You got it, Myra?" Arles snarled at her angrily.

Myra flinched in fear and profusely nodded her head.

"Just stay away from us!" Emilio warned her, showing the same anger in his tone. With that, they made their way towards their rooms.

Tears rolled down her cheeks and she beeped silently whilst running upstairs in her room, passing the emotionless looking guards.

Max who was secretly listening to their conversation, smirked at her running figure.

**************

Myra jolted awake from her sleep when she found someone shaking her.

"V-vic!" She crocked out. Victor was kneeling beside her bed.

"Have you been crying?" There was no harshness in his voice.

"N-no." Myra lied.

"But the wet stains on your cheeks and pillow say something else." He sighed and placed a small kiss on the crown of her head.

"I don't know what can I do to make you feel better but trust me, everything will be better one day. Just give it some time, princess." He whispered and grabbed her hand.

"Come with me. I want to show you something." He said and gently pulled her out of the bed.

They both made their way outside. Myra frowned a little when she passed the guards standing outside in the same position.

Don't they sleep? She thought.

Suddenly Victor ceased his steps. Myra looked at the grand white doors curiously that stood in the middle of their way. One of the guard standing outside opened it for them and both Myra and Victor slipped in.

Myra gazed at the beautiful glass ceiling with a awe on her face. Victor pointed towards the small counter and the stool in front of it, indicating her to sit.

She quickly padded over there and with a little struggle, managed to sit over it.

Victor moved towards a another white door inside the room and came back out with a big box in his hands.

Myra watched him curiously as he set it down on the counter and told her to open it. She slowly untied the top ribbon and with the help of Victor she rip it open.

Her brows furrowed  at the sight. Inside the big box, laid an exquisite evening dress, glittering from the silver and blue sequins that covered it. It was a crystals and glitters beaded dress.

"What's it for?" Myra asked confused.

"We are going to a wedding."

"Whose wedding?"

"Our father's cousin." Myra nodded at his words and looked down at the dress with a smile of appreciation.

"I have never wear some thing pretty like this." Myra confessed.

"Make it a habit from now on. Every luxury of this world will be at your feet." Victor shrugged carelessly and looked up at the open ceiling.

"How much do you like your new room? It's under construction yet. But still." He asked out in blur.

"New room? Which room?" Myra frowned.

Victor looked at her curious face and pointed to the side with his eyes.

"Y-you mean t-this room?" Myra gulped.

Victor nodded lightly.

"It's pretty." Her small response.

"Vic! Would others like me there?" She asked sadly.

"They will love you." Victor smiled and ruffled her hair.

"When's the wedding?" Myra asked, her curious self on the bay.

"Two days later."