Chapter 22

Last night was eventful and the new year was coming closely. Camila speeded her car on the road smirking wildly as she cut through the narrow street almost crashing a middle aged woman. The woman yelled but Camila flipped her middle finger at her and continued to drive recklessly.

She was clearly going over speed breaking the rules. Rules weren't just made for her. She was a stubborn and hot-headed girl. She had cheated almost thrice a every single day of her entire life. For her, the win matters the most and she never cared about the others that she always crushed underneath her.

Camila abruptly stepped on the breaks. Her hold tightened around the steering wheel. She revved her car back in front of a narrow alley. There was mostly no one around here. Her eyes fell on the same creepy man. He was searching through the trash cans to find something to eat. She grabbed her gun and without thinking twice, she stepped out of the wheel. She pressed the gun at his back and smirked slightly when he stiffened.

Camila's eyes caught his sharp movements. She moved back just in time he unexpectedly plunged a knife back in her direction. He turned around, freezing all of a sudden as his eyes fell on her. Suddenly he started to tremble and back away. Camila's eyes narrowed as she watched his movements.

She was about to approach him again but suddenly froze when he plunged the knife right through his own throat. Too shocked and stunned to move, she stared as withering suddenly his body became motionless. It was too suspicious.

She approached him and not bothering to look at him concern or pity, she started to check his pockets of tattered jeans. Something sharp brushed against her fingers, she immediately pulled it out and slid the small chip in her own pocket. She called Damien.

"Meet me at the place within 20 minutes."

****************

Myra pouted as Max tugged her hair back a little. "Ouch." She mumbled lowly.

"Sorry!" Max murmured back and continued the struggle to braid her hair.

"It's done." He said after a little while. Myra grinned at him and jumped out from the bed to look at the mirror. Her braid was messy and not done perfectly but it wasn't annoying in compare to her open hair.

"I look pretty." She smiled.

"You are always pretty. But I told you I can't braid your hair. Let Victor do his job!"

"But I like this. Thank you." Max smiled at her words and watched as she skipped out of the room. She bumped into Ecrin in the hallway.

"Sorry." He smiled at the young girl and shook his head.

"Do you happen to know where aunt Nora is, uncle Ecrin?"

"She must be in her room." He responded. Myra mumbled a small thanks and made her way towards her room. She knocked on the door and entered after hearing a small come in.

Her eyes met Nora who was knitting a cute pink sweater.

Nora smiled at her and patted the seat beside her. Myra entered in and took the seat.

"This is cute."

"Is it for Camila?"

"No. This is for you." Nora smiled.

"Camila doesn't even like these type of stuff. She likes everything designer." Myra nodded her head at her words.

"Thank you aunt Nora. It is so pretty." Myra smiled as she looked in the mirror at her appearance. She literally wanted to melt in the warmth.

"I am glad that you like it."

Myra noticed a frown on Nora's face.

"What happened?" Myra asked concerned. Nora motioned her to follow and stood up and went towards her walk-in-closet. Myra followed her in silently. Myra watched as Nora opened one of the drawer and brought out a family photo book.

They both took a seat on the couch that was in closet. Nora opened it and Myra looked down at the photos surprised. There were many photos of Nora and Dominic. From being married to till she was pregnant. Myra also noticed more than few photos of Wanda along with them. She and Tristan looked so happy. Nora told her that Wanda and her were bestfriend. Wanda was a sweet funny woman.

Myra stiffened slightly as they finally reached the photos where both Dominic and Nora were holding two little babies in their arms. Myra watched fascinated. One of the girl was absolutely Camila with her striking features. Then there was the another baby. She was a little frail and small. Both of the babies looked different from each other.

"Mila was little underweight when born. Camila and her were fraternal twins." Nora said with a sad smile.

"I remember that day. We were going back to home from hospital. Our enemy attacked us. He tried to kill Dominic by shooting him. I rushed out of the car to help him. It was my first mistake.....My brothers came within next seconds to help. When I again went back to get my babies. My M-mila wasn't there. Someone had taken here. Few days later some evidence were found that proved her d-dead. I-it was a-all my fault. I s-should h-have been more careful." Her small voice cracked at the end. Myra felt sympathy and a weird emotion exploded in her heart.

She grabbed Nora's hand.

"Please don't cry Aunt Nora. Just don't feel sad. Whatever happened wasn't your fault. I can assure you that Mila must be in a better place."