Chapter fourteen

The birthday party well ended uneventfully. Max's scary glare was enough to give Myra nightmares. Obviously he didn't liked the idea but after seeing her quivering lips, he agreed to cut the cake and threatened his siblings to clean the mess in next 20 minutes. It was awful.

Triplets were unbothered by his threat but seeing Myra close to crying and panicking, they laughed their assess off and teased her.

Her school life was running slowly and with her brothers on her side, always protecting her, it became bearable. There were no rude comments of her bullies or anything. They pretty much ignored her because they feared her brothers.

Some few years went by in a blur. Myra was now 17 almost turning 18. She was going to finish senior year of the school along with the triplets. This was the time of winter breaks.

In these past years, Myra had always felt strange. She felt like someone was glaring at her, staring at her like some creep all the time. She was becoming more and more paranoid about this. Looking over her shoulder had became her habit.

Myra was reading a book when the door opened and Victor entered.

"Hii Vic!" She grinned at him.

"Triplets are going out for ice skating. Why don't you join them?" He patted her head and took a seat beside her on her bed.

"It's so cold out there, Vic. I don't like going out in such harsh weather." She pouted.

"Your breaks are already going to over in few days and you haven't really came out of your room."

"Well I am more of an introvert."

"But we are going somewhere to spend the Christmas and new year. Dad has planned it and I also agreed with him after seeing that you have practically locked yourself in the room." Victor told her.

"What do you mean?" Myra furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

"We are going to Italy."

"Oh Italy? That sounds fun. I should better start packing then."

*************

Myra had packed her three suitcases. Since it was so cold out there, she had packed few extra warm sweaters. The guards took her stuff and she followed them out.

Within few minutes, the family was off to airport. Myra was shivering due to the cold but she was mostly annoyed at triplets. They were keep pinching her red nose.

"I hate you three."

"Ah don't flatter yourself. We don't love you back." Arles mocked, pulling her pigtail.

"You are a big meanie. You two too." She pointed at Enrique and Emilio who were chuckling at her angry face. Victor and Tristan were discussing something important regarding work in a more schedule area of their private jet.

After seeing none other option, she tightly clutched her gray bunny blanket to her chest and made her way toward Max who was sitting on the other side. She huffed sitting down beside him.

"What are you doing here?" He asked not lifting his head to look at her. His eyes remained glued on his phone.

"Well triplets are annoying and I like your company." She grinned at him. A small smile crawled its way on his lips.

Victor watched with a smile as in span of an hour both Max and Myra started to enjoy each other company. Myra was feeling too much cold so Max decided to cuddle her. She was curled up on his lap and playing games on his phone.

"I am glad that they are doing well together." Tristan smiled lightly watching his son and daughter bonding together.

Myra wasn't a bit of energetic when they finally reached Italy. Even after she had taken a good sleep on the comforting bed in the jet, she still felt tired. Her pigtails were messy and her hair was everywhere at her face. Up on seeing this Emilio went to her side and side hugged her before she could fell. He guided her out of the plane.

There were guards and cars waiting for them. Tristan greeted the scary looking man and shook his hand before giving him a small hug.

"Ecrin! How's everything going?"

"It has been great, Tristan!" He nodded his head before his eyes fell on the others.

"Welcome to Italy, kids." He said.

"From where the fuck do we look kids, old man?" Enrique asked feeling offended. Myra giggled.

"You are kids. What else I am suppose to call you?" Before Enrique could reply, Victor ushered them to sit in the cars. Myra went to sit in between Arles and Emilio.

With her wide eyes, she looked outside. Everything was so beautiful in here. It took them half an hour to reach the 'Gray Estate'.

"The Crimson's are coming here tonight." Ecrin said as he slid out. Others followed his lead. Myra looked up at the familiar looking mansion. She hardly remembered the last time she came here. This place is still magnificent and beautiful.

For some reason, when she took a step in she felt that same homey feeling. Like she was finally home again. A smile automatically lit her lips as her eyes fell on Dominic. He was walking in their direction.

Dominic smiled at them and hugged his cousin following by his sons. He suddenly froze when it was Myra's turn. Again that weird feeling settled in his heart as he gently cradled her short frame in his arms and hugged her. There was something, something different in the way he hugged her. She wanted to melt in his embrace.