PART:72

NEAR THE LIFT

Naira was pressing the lift button frustratingly when kartik came to her and holded her hand.

Kartik: sabar karlo aa jayegi
Naira: tumse pucha kisine
Kartik: lo aa gyi

Naira got inside while kartik followed her and stood next to her. The door of the lift was about to close when kabir too came inside. This made naira highly uncomfortable. Naira was in between both of them.

Kartik: hey kabir
Kabir: hii
Kartik: mujhe laga tum kahi jaa rhe the
Kabir: nhi voh aya tha
Kartik: oh

They just initiated the conversation when the lift stopped moving.

Kabir: oh shit yeh lift ko kya ho gya
Kartik: kya pta abhi raat bhi hai pta nhi koi hoga bhi ya nhi
Kabir: mai security guard ko call karta wait

Kabir pulled out his phone to call but it's battery died. Just then the light went too it was darkness all around. Naira clutched kartik's shirt in her fist.

Kabir: arrey yaar yeh light ko bhi pta nhi kya hogya
Kartik: wait let me try

Kartik thought to call Naksh to ask the guard. He just took out his phone to call him while finding kartik busy in his phone kabir trailed his hand on naira's bare waist making her gasp.  She digged her nails in his arms and hands making him wince in pain.

Kabir: aaaah
Kartik: kya hua kabir
Kabir: voh... kuch nhi shayad kuch tha yaha par chitti type
Kartik: oh

He got more furious when she digged her nails. He moved his hand near the knot of her blouse to tease and test her. He very well know she won't tell kartik about this. This was enough to make her scare and due to the closed and dark she was already having hard time. She just hugged kartik all suddenly and he could feel her trembling. She was sweating and cold.He just then remember she is scared of closed and dark places. He hugged her back and tried to calm her down.

Kartik: just take deep breaths mai hu na don't worry.
Kartik: naira tum theek hona
Naira: kartik voh
Kabir(interuppting): kartik I think she is feeling suffocated tum mujhe apna phone do mai call karta hu
Kartik: hmm yeh lo(tightening his grip on naira) naira calm down mai hu na.

Kabir called his mother to ask to guard to open the life while kartik made naira relax. She didn't utter a single word just hugged him tightly. Naira just couldn't take up this anymore as she was weak as she was having sleepless nights from last few days. She fainted in kartik's arms enough to make him panic.

Kartik: naira open your eyes.
Kabir: kartik ose niche bitha do and then pat her cheeks
Kartik: kabir flash light on karna
Kabir: yeah

Kartik made her sit on the floor and patted her cheeks. It was enough to make him feel miserable when she didn't open her eyes. Just then the lift opened. Kartik took her to their room.

IN KAIRA'S ROOM

Kartik wanted to call for a doctor but naksh stopped him. Naksh told him she just panicked due to the darkness. Kartik reluctantly agreed but didn't leave her for a moment. He asked others to sleep as it was late while he adjusted himself next to her. He kissed her forehead and slept pulling her into his arms. He just love the way she fits into his arms and cuddle.

IN MORNING

Kartik got up without disturbing her sleep and went outside to find others having their morning tea.

Naksh: kartik naira kaisi
Kartik: abhi so rhi hai maine uthaya nhi
Keerti: kartik tumhe tao office jana hoga na
Kartik: jana tha lekin mai nhi ja raha. Ghar se hi kaam karlunga.
Mansi: bhaiya hum log hai gharpe aapko jana hai jaa sakte ho
Kartik: nhi mujhe nhi jana. Aur vaise tum logo ko tao kahi jana tha na aaj jis karaan mumbai aaye ho
Naksh: haa lekin
Kartik: arrey don't worry mai hu na
Keerti: abhi humare jaane mei time hai mai khana bana deti hu tum dono ka
Kartik: hmm