PART:93

AT GOENKA ENTERPRISES

Naira decided to meet kartik in person as he wasn't answering her calls. She had a meeting to attend but later postponed it as she was in a quite bad mood. She was frustrated but calmed her temper as she wasn't interested in creating any scene in the office. She went towards the receptionist to enquire whether he was here or not.

Naira: Excuse me
Receptionist: Good Morning Mam
Naira: Morning Neha, Kartik apne cabin mei hai kya
Neha: yes mam
Naira: oh thanks. Mujhe ose hi milna tha
Neha: mam, sir ne kisi ko bhi ohne disturb karne se mana kiya hai.
Naira: well I am sure mai kisi category mei nhi aati.
Neha: but mam sir
Naira(interrupting her): Don't worry I will handle him. Bye have a good day.

Naira's POV

Mai yaha gharwalo ki baat sunkar thak chuki hu aur yeh janab yaha aram se rahe hai. Yeh kahan k insaaf hai bhala. Mera yaha jeena mushkil hua pada hai aur ek yeh hai. Ise toh mai dekhti hu.

She was lost in her dreams making faces when she collided into manish. Manish was checking some papers in a file when he collided with her. He was lucky enough to get hold of hinself and didn't fall and saved the papers from falling too.

Naira: papa aap, I am so sorry voh mai jaldbaazi mei mainu apko dekha hi nhi.
Manish(teasing): kya ho gya naira. Itni jaldi mei kahan jaa rhi ho. Aaj kiski shamat aayi hai
Naira(with a hesitation): Mai toh bas kartik se milne jaa rhi thi
Manish: eska matlab kartik ki hi shamat aayi hai. Ab kya kiya osne
Naira: nhi aisa nhi mai toh bas (fumbling with her words) aise hi
Manish(in a soft tone): well beta mai janta hu aaj kal tum dono mei sab sahi nhi hai.
Naira: aisa nhi hai papa bas aaj kal office mei kaam jyada hai isliye
Manish: well mai bhi isi office mei kaam karta hu. I know kab kitna kaam hota kitna nhi.

Naira lowered her gaze and stared at the floor as she had no answer to this while manish patted her head and chuckled. He had noticed from the past one month how she would always cover up for his absence and actions. She never in the last month let anyone question him or bash him for being distanced from them. He really adored her for doing so and maybe the whole family had noticed this except the one who actually needed to notice this.

Manish: you know what. He is really lucky to have you. The way you cover up for him and hide his mistakes.
Naira: I am not covering mai toh bas
Manish: still you are doing the same. Mai kartik ko tabh se janta hu jabse voh es duniya mai aya hai. I know voh aisa hi hai. Haa voh tumhare aane k baad badal gya tha lekin ab pta nhi os kya ho gya hai. (Noticing her sadness) acha chodho es baat ko aur jau voh kaam karo jo karne aayi ho.
Naira: matlab
Manish: well tum hum logo ko toh ose dantne nhi deti lekin tum toh daant sakti ho na

Naira closed her mouth being embarrassed and nodded. Manish chuckled and went in an opposite direction. Later, she maintained her posture and went towards Kartik's cabin.

IN KARTIK'S CABIN

Kartik was busy watching something intently in the laptop that he failed to hear the knock on the door. Naira who had never knocked on his door was knocking from last five minutes. At last she decided to come inside. When she entered inside with a thud that kartik jumped on his place. He calmed his breaths only to notice her glaring at him.

Kartik: Naira tum aise achanak
Naira(sarcastically): yeah! unlike you I do know that I am a married woman and have a husband.
Kartik(ignoring her reply and getting up): dara diya tumne mujhe
Naira: oh acha ab mai tumhe daravani dikhme lagi hu. Nice isliye pichle ek mahine se door door reh rahe ho
Kartik(confused): mera matlab voh nhi tha. I mean to say you could have come like normal human beings
Naira: ab mai tumhe normal bhi nhi lagti
Kartik(sternly): can you please stop with your sarcasm for once and tell me why are you here
Naira(sitting in the chair): mere pati ka cabin hai mai jaise marzi jab marzi aau tumhe koi problem hai.
Kartik(ruffling his hairs in frustration): mai yaha free nhi baitha jo tumhe entertain karu.
Naira(pulling the laptop towards her side): mai bhi toh dekhu kya kaam kar rahe the.
Kartik(trying to stop): naira