PART:96

NEXT MORNING

Kartik and Naira were sleeping cuz they slept late in the night. Normally Kartik would have gone to office at this time but today it was different. Naira woke up as it was her routine to wake up at this hour. She opened her eyes only to see kartik hugging her. She kissed his cheeks and freed herself from him. It was after a long time she saw him in the morning at first. She decided not to disturb him and get up.

After a while, Naira came back and saw him still sleeping. She decided to wake him as it was late and he has to go to the office. She was about to wake him when his phone rang which disturbed his sleep. Kartik sleepily attended the call while naira went to set her hairs. It was Kartik's secretary who was calling to ask about his whereabouts as he was late.

Kartik: hello
PA: Good Morning Sir
Kartik: Morning
PA: sir, will you be coming for the meeting or else I should cancel it
Kartik: kaunsi meeting
PA: sir jo mehras k saath thi
Kartik: oh shit.
PA: any problem sir
Kartik: get the preparations done I will be there.

Kartik hanged up the call with frustration and saw the time. He cursed under his breath and got up to get ready. Naira who was observing him decided to inquire about the matter. She interrupted him only to meet his anger.

Naira: kartik is everything okay?
Kartik: why didn't you wake me up?
Naira(going to towards him): What happened
Kartik: mujhe ek meeting mei jana tha aur tumhari vajah se late ho gya hu
Naira: I thought you would be tired toh maine socha abhi sone deti hu aur vaise bhi tumne pehle toh late ho office jate the.
Kartik: what made you think that mujhe aaj bhi late jana hai
Naira: I thought tum sirf mujhe ignore
Kartik(interrupting her): for God's sake everything doesn't revolve around you. Will you plz let me go and get ready. I am already very late.
Naira: I am sorry

Kartik went ahead without replying while naira just stood there. She chose to ignore his words and decided to go downstairs to see if his breakfast was ready or not. Of course she couldn't expect everything to go back to normal within 24 hours. She knew it will take time but he could have behaved properly. How come she would know that he has some important work. With these thoughts she was walking in the corridor when she heard mansi talking to someone. She could hear her speaking to someone on call.

Mansi: no guys I won't be coming today. Mai kal bhi bohat late aayi aur mom dad bohat gussa the.
Other person....
Mansi: I know but I am sorry. Wish him happy birthday from my side too.

Naira had noticed mansi coming late from last few days but didn't pay much attention as she had already alot in her plate. She was about to interrupt her conversation but suwarna called her.

Suwarna: Nairaa
Naira: jii ma
Suwarna: kartik office chala gya kya.
Naira: nhi voh ready ho raha hai
Suwarna: oh kya tum plz sabko breakfast serve kardogi. Mujhe kisi kaam se Surekha k saath bahar jana hai.
Naira: of course don't worry I will handle. Vaise bhi mai lunch time hi office jaa rhi hu.
Suwnara: thanks

Naira smiled at her and bid her bye. Naira was setting up the dinning table with the help of the house helpers when she saw kartik in a hurry. He didn't notice her as he was busy tieing his tie. She decided to follow him not before telling the househelper to set the table . When she reached the doorstep he saw him leaving in his car. She sighed in disbelief as he left without saying a proper bye to her. She turned back but didn't move ahead. It was the horn of his car which stopped her from taking a step ahead. She didn't need had to turn back to know whether it was him or not. She just knew it that it was him. He turned back only to see him calling her.

On the other hand, Kartik who was quite frustrated when he woke up realised after freshening up that he shouldn't have shouted on her. He thought to talk to her later as it was already late. He didn't notice her presence until he saw her face in the rearing mirror actually her disappointed expressions forced him to reverse back his car. He pressed the horn to let her know and signed her to come. Of course how could he leave without saying bye to her when he promised to behave normal with her.