PART:95

AT A RESTAURANT

Kartik passed the car keys to valet and proceeded to open the door for naira. He was about to open when he noticed her already out of the car. He huffed in annoyance and he wanted to be gentle with her. He pledges to not to have anymore arguments during the lunch. No doubt he loved quarreling with her but he was in no mood to spoil their date with their non-stop bickering on useless topic. He linked his hands with naira with continued walking towards the entrance.

Naira: mujhe pta hai kahan jana kahan nhi. Choti bachi nhi hu mai(detaching her hands from his)
Kartik(again holding her hands): lekin mujhe nhi pta kahan jana hai kahan nhi. Tum mujhe chota bacha samaj lo
Naira: acha tob phir es location ka
Kartik(cutting her): if you won't stop complaining about every little thing I will kiss you right now in front of everyone.
Naira: tumhe kya lagta mai dar jaugi tumhari es dhamki se
Kartik: of course not but I am also sure you don't want unwated attention towards us sweetheart
Naira(stomping her foot): I hate you
Kartik: wait till evening
Naira: I won't change my thoughts. Tumhe kya lagta tum mujhe almost a month ignore karoge aur mai ek din mei manjaugi
Manager(interrupting their conversation): Good Afternoon Mr. And Mrs. Goenka.

He welcomed them and took them to their table which was reserved for them already by the Great Kartik Goenka. He left after escorting them to their table to call the waiter leaving behind the angry sherni and helpless mendhak behind.

Kartik: I am sorry. I know you can't forgive me in a day but at least try to understand I had my reasons. You know we were in loss and someone had to take the responsibility.
Naira:  you could have shared your problems with me instead of ignoring me.
Kartik: I know I was wrong but
Naira: leave it Kartik. Jo hua so hua. We can't change the past. Let's enjoy this lunch first kyuki mujhe bohat bhukh lagi hai

Kartik hummed in silence while waiter too came. He took their orders for starters and went away. Kartik who asked naira to order for the main course was staring her. Noone could say she was all upset and sad few moments ago. She was so engrossed in the menu like a child got a candy. He smiled at her excitement and commented.

Kartik: you know your mood swings are too on peak. Abhi kuch time pehle sautano ki tarah taane mar rhi, phir upset ho gyi aur ab itni khush ho.
Naira: kya karu ab ehmi choti choti cheezo mei khushi dhoondhni padti. Meri pati ke pass toh mere liye time nhi hai. Ab yahi mood swings hi sehne padhe ge tumhe
Kartik: tum ek mauka nhi chodhti mujhe taane marne ka.
Naira(keeping the menu aside): leave this topic. Abhi kisi important topic pe baat karte hai.
Kartik: yeah sure. We can talk everything other than this. But let's order first.

Waiter came with their starters and ordered for the main course. Kartik was drinking his drink when naira started.

Naira: so you want kids

Kartik choked on his drink and started coughing. Naira laughed at his horrified  expressions instead of helping him out. He calmed himself down and answered.

Kartik: what
Naira: I mean aaj tumhe ne hi toh kaha jab naira pregnant hogi so that means you want kids right
Kartik: can we discussion on some other topic please
Naira: nhi mujhe isi pe baat karni hai varna rehndo

They both continued with their eating. Naira was dying to talk while Kartik did know what to say. He actually never had a serious thoughts about this. Their main course was served on their table. Kartik who decided to serve her continued the conversation. He know someday they will have a conversation related to this topic why not now. He obviously wanted kids but just not right now. Surely this wasn't the place to discuss such things but who cares. They were definitely not the normal couple so how could they have any conversation in normal environment.