Chapter 7 | Don't Think. Become!

Liz Walker POV

The next morning at school, Liz arrives at the auditorium. Rows of chairs were set in front of the open stage with Ms. Janeth and a few students milling about. From backstage, Claire waves Liz to her. Liz headed backstage and greets her friend. "Good morning, Claire. I got your text last night."

Claire smiles brightly. "Morning, Liz. I'm so excited! So did you read the script I texted you? Have you decided to audition?"

"Maybe..." Liz replies. Claire's eyes and smile widened. Liz continues. "Maybe not. Who knows?"

Claire groans as Liz chuckles. "Come on, Liz. I know you have it in you."

Liz shrugs, but with a nonchalant smile on her face. Before Claire could say anything more, Ms. Janeth called out from the waiting audience. "Next, auditionee."

Grabbing Claire's hands, Liz offers an encouraging smile with a playful wink. "Break a leg."

Nodding, Claire heads to the open stage. Liz listens as Claire begins reciting her most favorite line of Romeo and Juliet. However, sensing two presences behind her, Liz turns only to gasp in shock. In front of her stood Jim and Toby, but with Jim adorn in his Trollhunter armor, the sword stowed on his back. They smiled, sheepishly.

With brows furrowed and hands on her hips, Liz scolded in whispers. "Have you both lost your minds?! Jim, why are you wearing the armor? You could expose us all! Did anyone see you?"

Before Jim could speak, Toby quickly explained the situation. "The amulet started glowing for no reason and we had to hide, then Jim unwillingly transformed and he couldn't revert back. Then Mr. Strickler comes in and sees him, but don't worry. We explained to him that it's a costume he made for the audition for the school play. And because of that, we're here."

Liz rubs her creasing brow between her eyes, trying to keep herself calm. "The armor must have reacted to Jim's emotions and manifested itself as an automatic safety precaution."

Sighing, she looks at Jim in worry. "How are you feeling, Jim?"

"Fine. Just been thinking about last night, but I'm okay." Jim reassured, but Liz wasn't buying it. Liz clasps her hands on Jim's shoulders, the engravings of the armor, pulses with blue light at her touch. Toby's eyes widened at the armor's reaction, unnoticed to Liz and Jim. "I understand your worries and frustration in regards to last night, but remember, you won't be facing it alone. Blinky, AAARRRGGHH, and I as well as your friend, Toby, will help you through this. Together."

Jim's eyes widen and nods, smiling softly in gratitude. Sounds of clapping from the audience grab their attention as Liz releases her hold on Jim, to Jim's dismay as the glowing engravings of the armor fade. Claire walks towards them with arms crossed in front of her, smiling at Liz. Liz smiled back. "You did amazing, Claire."

"Thanks, Liz," Claire replies before setting her sights on those standing behind her. "John?"

"Um, Jim." Jim gestures to himself, shyly.

"And here, I thought you didn't like Shakespeare," Claire stated.

Jim interjected. "Oh, no, he's my favorite. I totally love him."

Liz quirks an eyebrow at that as Claire looks over at the armor, impressed. "That costume is incredible. Did you make it?"

"No. He found a magical amulet that makes it." Toby mentions it, but was met with a fierce glare by Liz and Jim. But thankfully, Claire chuckles, thinking it to be a joke. "You're funny."

Blocking Claire, Jim chuckled, but his eyes were scolding. "Yeah, you're a real comedian, aren't you?"

"Next!" Ms. Janeth calls.