one

Season 6, Episode 5

Season 6, Episode 5

'Invasion'

____

"The new name sucks." Cristina Yang and Maeve Simmons, stand in front of the front entrance, looking at the worker, bringng up the new letters to the brand new sign. 'Seattle Grace Mercy West'. At Maeve's words, Cristina throws a look over to the blonde, sipping from her coffee mug. "Yep."

"You think that if we'd vandalize the 'Mercy West' on the sign, that es would get kicked out of the program?" Cristina throws Maeve a calculating look, before looking back at the sign. "Just if you get caught. But for your sake, I wouldn't do it."

Maeve nods, taking a sip from her own, over sugered, coffee, just as a man in orange scrubs, runs into them, making Maeve choke and spill her coffee. "Hey!" Calls Cristina after the man, who doesn't even look back, while Maeve coughs on her coffee. Cristina looks at Maeve, awkwardly patting her back, to help with her coughs. "You good?"

"Oh, god, I think some of the coffee went into my nose. Shit, that burns." Maeve weezes. Cristina looks at her with slight disgust, as Maeve trys to snot some of the coffee out from her nose. "Okay, this is disgusting."

"You think?" Maeve asks sarcastically, looking at Cristina. Cristina just rolls her eyes, before going through her bag and pulling out a pack of tissues. "Wipe your nose. That is absoultly disgusting."

Maeve takes the pack, with a sarcastic 'thanks', blowing her nose.

____

Maeve split up from Cristina in the hospital. The Korean woman, wanting to greet Meredith first, while Maeve already makes her way to the locker room for the residents.

Maeve walks into the room, just to see Izzie Stevens screaming at a Mercy Wester with a pixie cut. "I said take it out!"

Maeve furrows her eyebrows, watching Izzie, before moving her glance over to the girl with the pixie cut, realising what this is about. George O'Malley's cubby. The Mercy Wester had put her stuff inside their dead friends cubby. Pixie cut looks over to her redheaded friend annoyed. "Great I got the crazy one next to me." 

Maeve rolls her eyes, approaching the three. "Come on just take your stuff out. You don't have to do this shit on your fist day."

Pixie cut rolls her eyes at Maeve, scroffing, while Izzie next to Maeve starts to build up her anger. "You want to fight? 'Cause I will." Izzie stands up, walking to stand right in front of the girl. "I will fight you! You're tiny. I could take you down in seconds."

Maeve watches Izzie and the pixie cut, slightly amused by the blonde. Alex approaches from behind, pulling Izzie away from the girl, through a lot of protest from Izzie. Maeve steps to the side, letting Alex pull Izzie out of the room, before looking back at the small girl, face immediately hardening.

"The cubby belongs to our dead friend, so you better take out your stuff, or I will, and I can't gurantee, that you'll see it again." Maeve threatens, a sickly sweet smile on her face. Pixie cut looks back at her friend slightly intimidated, who shrugs, before slowly taking out her stuff. Maeve raises her eyebrows, sighing sarcastically. "Thank you. Was that really so hard to do?"

The blonde walks to her own cubby, catching the eye of the Mercy Wester, who made her spill and choke on her coffee. He smiles cheekily at her, green eyes brightly shining at her, which she replies to with an eye roll, putting her bag in her cubby, the eyes of the Mercy Western still on her.

____

Maeve walks inside Meredith Grey's  hospital room, sighing at the side of the mopping group of residets. The blonde throws a glance at Izzie. "I got  the girl to move her stuff out of George's cubby."

Izzie smiles at her friend thankfully. Maeve sits down on a chair next to Lexie, who looks through the blinds of the window, into the hallway, watching the invaders.

"They're locusts. Comftable locusts feeding on our sugeries." Meredith says, looking from her hospital bed, out of the window into the hallway of the hospital.

"That's rude. There should be a couple of days where they act like guests before they put their feet up on the coffee table." Izzy says.

Maeve turns around in her chair, also looking out of the window, watching the people in orange scrubs.

"And what's with the orange scrubs? Ours aren't good enough for them?" Lexie asks. Maeve nods agreeing. "They probably stole them from some poor prisoners, as some kind of sick joke, just like they will steal our jobs."  Weird looks are being sent her way from the rest of the room, which Maeve doesn't see, and just keeps looking at the Mercy Wester with suspicious eyes.

Meredith shakes her head at Maeve before looking at Lexie, answering her question. "We ran out. They're on back order. Randall from the supply company says they'll be here in a week."

Maeve moves her glance from the hallway to Meredith, looking at her weirdly, as does the rest of the room. Meredith shrugs, answering. "That's what you learn when you lie here all day."

"Why order new ones? We can give these to our replacements." One of Cristina's old interns comment, making Maeve nod agreeing, throwing another dirty look at the Mercy Wester in the hallway.

"We're not gonna be replaced by anybody." Alex argures.

"If I have to become a coroner." Steve, another former intern of Cristina, says.

"No one is becoming a coroner." Meredith argures sternly." Cristina tell him."

"Tell him what? They're here. It's over" Comments Cristina, making Maeve chuckle quietly. 

"Hey, we're not some stupid hosts. They can't invade us. They can't attach themselves to our faces, and while we're eating spaghetti, explode out of our chests and skitter across the floor. This is our ship. This is our ship." Meredith speaks up. Maeve furrows her eyebrows at that.

"Excuse me, are you quoting a Sigourney Weaver movie?" Lexie asks, making Maeve smile widely. "Oh, I like the Alien movies."

Smirks are plastered on the faces of the residents, all looking at Meredith amused. "Shut up." Mutters the older Grey.

"That happens when you live here. You watch a lot of TV." Izzie chuckles, while eating her fruits.

"We own this hospital. We were born in this hospital. And we will hold this hospital with our last gasping breath." Meredith announces. Maeve furrows her brows wondering since when Meredith was into motivational speeches. "Dramatic, but nice." She comments.

"I really don't wanna be a coroner. I don't like dead people." Steve says, still hung up on the fact that he may become a coroner.

Meredith looks around the room, before continuing. "Go out there and go get surgeries before they take them. Go! And I want a full report by the end of the day!" 

The residents start to get up from their seats. Lexie dragging Maeve behind her out of the room, leaving Cristina and Meredith behind.