seven

Season 6, Episode 13, 14

'States of Love and Trust' 'Valentine's day Massacre'

____

Maeve walks with Lexie and Alex down the Hallway to meet in the Lobby for a meeting of staff, when Jackson, Charles and Reed run up behind them.

"Either of you know what this big meeting's about?" Jackson asks, walking behind Maeve.

"I heard there was a coup. Webber's out, Shepherd's in. True?" Charles asks.

Lexie sighs. "We know, what you know."

"Bull. All right? You're sister is married to the guy, and Mae is living with her. You expect me to believe you don't know what's going on?" Jackson argues. Maeve turns around to look at him. "Mae?" She whispers under her breath questioning. Jackson smiles cheekily, rolling her eyes Maeve looks back ahead.

"Don't you have your own loser friends to talk to?" Alex asks annoyed.

"I also heard that Shepherd plans to clean house." Charles states. "Maybe he'll start with you." Jackson says to Alex.

"Dude, I'm safe. The guy is my roommate. You're the ones who should watch your backs." Alex comments.

"Why? What do you know?" Charles asks.

"Simple math. Shepherd hates the merger. You're from Mercy West, you're toast." Explains Alex.

"Derek's not gonna fire people. Just because they're from Mercy West. He's not like that. He's loyal." Lexie interrupts.

"Yeah tell that to Webber." Alex comments.

____

Derek, in the end, doesn't quite follow what Alex predicted, so the Mercy West doctors are still all around. He actually also does quite the opposite, with reinstating workers, like April, who now is practically his shadow.

Lexie and Mark also broke up a while ago, which leads to her, storming into Maeve's room one day in a 911 fashion. The Simmons girl immediately thought the worst about it, but in the end the girl just needed Maeve's help, to dye her hair blonde.

Maeve raised her eyebrows when Lexie had asked her that, but helped nevertheless, giving the now blonde an awkward thumbs up when they made it through the whole dyeing and bleaching process.

Although Maeve likes the brown hair better on Lexie, she knows that the whole thing is just her way of getting over Mark. A weird way, but apperantly a normal way for many women.