five

Season 6, Episode 9 & 10

'New History' & 'Holidaze'

____

Maeve sits in the cafeteria, eating her sandwich, when Alex, Cristina and Meredith, join her. Maeve smiles brightly at her friends, taking a bite out of her food.

"So, how do you like your present." Meredith asks, as the inhabitants of the table look over to the table with the attendigs. Maeve carefully looks at the new cardio attending, Teddy Altman, slowly taking another bite, eyes on the woman.

"Oh, private Benjamin over there?" Cristina asks, looking at her friends. "Owen says she would surprise me. Well, guess what. Surprise, she doesn't know how to do surgery."

Maeve moves her eyes to Cristina, raising her eyebrows at her outburst.

"Leave her alone, it's her first day." Alex says, making Cristina look at him in shock. "Why are you defending her? She went to state school."

"So did I." Alex argures.

"Well, she's skinny, and blonde." Maeve looks at Cristina slightly offended.

"So are Mer, and Mae."

"Well. she's annoying."Cristina tries to argure again.

"So are you." Alex replies, getting a chuckle from Maeve.

"Where's your wife, by the way?" Christina asks, while Maeve furrows her brows looking at the two in confusion. She has been on peds for the day, so she hasn't really talked to any of the three yet. 

"What about Izzie?" Maeve asks, but Meredith, throws her a quick glance, shaking her head warningly, before changing the topic, back to Teddy. Leaving a confused Maeve, still on the Izzie topic.

"I... uh, what did you say to Owen?" Meredith asks looking at Christina.

"Oh, that she's gotta go. I mean, he knows how important this is to me. I need someone who's gonna take me to the same level. And he brings me this Desert Storm Barbie, who hasn't seen the O.R. in like ten years"  Cristina explains. "I mean, if this is what he thinks of my talent is, I gotta break up with him."

At Alex's chuckle, Cristina looks up at him. "Have you talked to Izzie yet? Has anyone talked to her?"

Maeve looks up from he food tray, at her friends, once again confused. "Izzie's here?"

But her question is again left unanswered, when Alex starts to speak. "You know what? No one's allowed to talk about Izzy while I eat."

"Am I the only one concerned." Cristina asks. Maeve slowly raises her hand. "I would be, if someone could tell what's going on."