nine

Season 6, Episode 17

'Push'

____

Maeve leaves the locker room, a half full cup of coffee in her hand. On her way to the nurse's station, to get her charts and do rounds on her patients from last night, she is stopped by Mark Sloan.

"Simmons, you're on my service, today." He calls out, catching up to walk beside her. Furrowing her brows, Maeve looks up at the man. Recently she's been on his service quite often, which is weird, considering that she was barely on his the past years.

"I thought I was with Altman today." Mark shakes his head. "Karev is now."

The two stop at the nurses station, and Mark grabs a chart handing it to Maeve. "Our patient." He says pointing at the chart. Raising an brow, Maeve accepts the chart, opening it, ignoring Mark's eyes boring into the side of her head.

"So..." Mark starts, leaning against the station, while facing the blonde. "Karev, is, is he... are him an Lexie-"

The man stops, and Maeve moves her eyes to the taller man. "I don't think I should talk about this to you."

"Please." Mark asks with big eyes, and an seemingly uncommon expression hin his face.

Maeve sighs, before answering. "I mean nothing bad with saying this, but, you seriously think that Alex and Lexie are in a relationship. She is just going through something, he's a phase. Like my brother's goatee, it's just gonna be history in a while."

Mark, licks his lips, nodding thankfully.

"She's moving on." Maeve looks at him serious. "You should try to do that too. It's not good to live in the past. Either try to fix what you can, or move on."

"And if you try and fix it, do not hurt her. You go all in or not at all, I don't want to see her hurt again."

____

"Did you know that Mark's been trying to pick up Altman?" Lexie sits down at Maeve's lunch table, a food tray in her hand. The smaller blonde has chosen an empty table to get a bit quietness, because being on Mark Sloan's service means a lot of talking.

"That's good, isn't it. It means he's moving on." Maeve asks carefully. Lexie nods, not really convincing. "Yes, of course. But he's now trying to kill Alex, for sleeping with me. I mean I'm not his property. I have Alex now, and he... he has Altman."

Maeve looks at the girl sceptical, not sure if she's really over him. Deciding not to mention it, Maeve answers. "I'm scrubbing in with them, I'm making sure that he doesn't die, okay?"

Turns out Mark's try's to get away from Alex failed, when Altman's patient turned out to be a case for both cadio and plastic.