twelve

Season 6  - no episode

____

The weekend comes, and with that the cinema screening, on which Jackson has ask Maeve. The blonde isn't quite sure what it is, the way it asked, almost seemed like he was asking her out, but she didn't want to make assumptions. Especially, because she doesn't seem like the kinda guy to take a girl on a first date to a movie.

Those thoughts have kept Maeve awake at some points in the middle of the night, although she wouldn't admit that to anybody. She herself hasn't figured out what she wants the whole thing to be. So she came to the conclusion to just figure it out as she goes.

Not being the greatest with expressing feelings- of any kind, besides sarcasm, really- she doesn't know yet, how to handle it all when it does come. But that isn't in front of her yet. Maybe later, but not right that second.

On Saturday, after having a night shift, the blonde walks downstairs at around one PM. Getting a bowl out of the kitchen cabinet, she fills it up with cornflakes, before adding milk.

"You should really eat something other than cornflakes every day." Alex mutters.

Maeve jumps into the air, not having seen the man, she looks at him stunned. "Since when are you sitting there?"

Alex shrugs. "Since before you came inside."

Maeve furrows her brows, looking into space. "How did I not see you? And what are you doing here, shouldn't you be at work?"

Alex scrunches his face. "I was on night shift with you."

"You were?" Again, Maeve's brows furrow. She really should work on her ability to pay attention.

"Yes." He draws out, before he sighs, putting his mug with coffee on the counter. "Anyway." He stands up.

Alex grabs the mug, putting it in the sink, before walking away. Maeve follows him with here eyes, before shrugging, grabbing a spoon, she takes his spot at the counter.

____

Around three, Alex knocks on Maeve's room door. Opening he looks inside. "Hey, Avery is here, he said he's looking for you. Did you invite him over?"

Maeve's eyes widen, when she suddenly realises what time it is. "Shit."

She looks at Alex, getting up from her bed, throwing the laptop beside her. "Yes, uhm, tell him I'll be downstairs in like two minutes, okay."

She walks towards her closets, hearing Alex grunt in agreement, before he shuts the door.

Grabbing a top, blazer and pair of Jeans. An outfit she knows looks good on her. She quickly changes into it, looking into the mirror on her closet she nods. "Good."