two

Season 6, Episode 5

Season 6, Episode 5

'Invasion'

____

Maeve stands next to Cristina, and a couple other residents, in a crowded ER, waiting for Owen Hunt to give them instructions. Three of the Mercy Wester arrive, standing with the group of Seattle Grace people, including the blue-green eyed pretty boy, who made Maeve choke on her coffee.

"Where do you want us?" Cristina asks, as Owen walks over to them. "At this point, anywhere is good." Answers the man.

"At Mercy West, we do zones." The blue-green eyes Mercy Wester starts. "When it's super busy, we give everyone a zone, a space. Nurses put a person in, you know it's your patient. Helps get to them quicker."

Maeve rolls her eyes at that, not because it's a shit idea, but because it comes from a Mercy Wester.

"This is an ER, not a schoolyard." Cristina comments "We're not playing four square." The Seattle Grace people snicker at Cristina's comment, but are quickly shut down by Owen's next words. "I like it."

"What?" Cristina asks surpised, looking from Owen to Maeve, who shrugs, and back to the Trauma surgeon. "Good idea. Let's try. Your name?"

"Jackson Avery." Answers Jackson.

"Dr. Avery, Dr. Hunt. It's all yours. Zone away." Owen shakes Jackson's hand, before going away, while Jackson leads his Mercy Wester friends further into the ER.

____

"Frank Nusbaum, 42, multiple mostly superficial stab wounds," Jackson grabs the chart laying on the incoming patient's stretcher. "vital sighs stable. His buddy's got a lacerated palm."

Cristina and Maeve approach Jackson from behind following the gurney. On the way Cristina grabs the chart from Jackson. The other patient is lead by another paramedic, after the two, past Jackson, to a hospital gurney, shouting. "I'm not his buddy! He touched my little girl! My baby!"

The strecher stops next to a bed, the man, Mr. Nusbaum shouting back. "She's ot a baby, she's nineteen years old."

The paramedics hieve the man onto the gurney with grunts, as Cristina and Maeve push their way to the man's side. Cristina lifts the cloth on Mr. Nusbaum's wound, immediately being met with a splash of blood. "Ok, we got a bleeder here!"

Maeve nods at that, turning to the nurse. "Draw up some lidocaine and get me a lac tray with a 3-0 silk."

"Need any help." Jackson asks from the end of the gurney, watching Maeve and Cristina. The Korean woman ignoring him, instead speaking to the patient. "Sir, this is gonna pinch."