four

Season 6, Episode 7

Season 6, Episode 7

'Give Peace a Chance'

____

Maeve and Lexie walk through the hospital, discussing the new scheuduling method Doctor Webber is introducing.

"You know, I hate when machines do my work, well except for my calculator, or google, but scheduling a schedule, that's bullshit. I mean I am not doing what a computer tells me to do. I don't like that a machine plans my whole freaking day, that's just stupid."

Lexie looks at her friend amused as she continues to ramble on about computers. "You sure that you're not just a control freak?"

Maeve looks at Lexie with furrowed brows. Actually thinking about what Lexie said. "I... I don't know, but I don't like computers knowing about my day, bad enough that they know my search history."

"Is it that bad?" Lexie raises amused an eyebrow. Maeve shrugs, eating a blueberry out of the small bag in her hand. "Probably. I mean I am a Doctor, but that doesn't mean that I'm not stupid."

Lexie shakes her head chuckling, before both girls stop infront of the M.R.I. scanning room, holding Derek Shepherd, Mark Sloan, Arizona Robbins, Cristina Yang, and Callie Torres inside. "Seems like we're missing out on something." Maeve mumbles, looking at Lexie. The two girls look at each other, before entering the room.

"Hey, what's everyone... oh, a spinal tumor." Lexie greets them before looking at the spinal tumor scans, with a wide smile. Maeve walks closer to her looking over her shoulder, her eyes widen at the size of the tumor, as Lexie continues. "I read about a case at mayo where the surgery took 17 hours. The head surgeon had four rotating assistans, one of whom just administered fluids."

"Wicked." Maeve smiles at Lexie's words, excitement building up in her.

Cristina interrupts her. "Okay, you know what? Don't try and Lexopedia your way on this. This is my tumor."

"What happened to the patient at mayo?" Arizona throws in. Lexie sighs, before answering. "He died. That's why it only took 17 hours."

Maeve looks back to the scans of the tumor, throwing a few blueberries in her mouth, when Owen walks in behind her.

"Hey, I just heard. Isaac has an inoperable tumor?" Maeve chockes on her blueberries, looking from the scan over to Owen, before meeting Lexie's eyes, who looks just as shocked. "It's Isaacs tumor?"

"Oh, damn" Maeve adds, after calming down from her coughing fit.

"Oh, yeah, yeah. Boo-hoo, okay." Cristina interrupts. "Who says it's inoperable?"

Derek stops her, pointing at the screen to see Isaac's upcoming scans. "Cristina."

"Oh, come on. It's all the way up to t-2." Callie exclaims.