fifteen

Season 7, no specific Episode

____

Maeve wakes up, two days after the shooting, in a hospital bed, her brother, Nolan, sitting in a chair beside her bed, head leaning back over the back of the chair, mouth open. Looking to the other side of her bed, Maeve had a small table with a bunch of flowers and chocolate on it. The scene looked like a movie scene from when the character woke up from some kind of injury and finds their loved one surrounding them, along with gifts.

"Noa." Maeve whispers, feeling her voices creaking. Trying to clear her throat, but feeling it not doing much. "Nolan." She tries again, failing to wake up her brother.

"Dumbass." She mutters when all he does is move his head to the other side and letting out a snore. Looking back to her bedside table she sees a glass of water, making the stupid desicion, she tries to sit up. Gasping, she puts a hand on the buring side, groaning when she touches it.

"Now who's the dumbass?" Another voice asks from the door to the hospital room. Moving her eyes, Maeve sees her oldest brother, Charlie.

"Still Noa." She groans, laying back down. Charlie nods, chuckling, walking further into the room, a small cup of coffee in his hand. "I think you and him are on the same level for that."

Grabbing the glass of water from the small table, Charlie gives it to his younger sister, before pulling a chair next to the table, leaning back in it.

Taking a sip, Maeve tries to sit up as much as she can without hurting herself. "What are you doing here, Char?"

"Well, my baby sister got shot, so I came." Charlie shrugs, taking a sip from his cup. "So, how are you?"

"A bit sore, but as long as I don't move it doesn't hurt that much." Maeve replies. "Got a bit of a headache too, but otherwise I'm fine, I think. How long was I out?"

"Two days." Charlie answers. Maeve nods, leaning her head back into the pillow, looking at the ceiling.

"Oh, what I wanted to ask you, Mae. Who's the pretty boy, with the shiny blue eyes, who comes visit you, and leaves flowers and chocolate?"

Maeve's eyes light up. "Jackson got me chocolate?" A soft smile graces her lips at the thought. Charlie nods, lifting a red box from the table, holding it out to her.

"He was here before you woke up, left like an hour ago. Said he had to go, but he wanted me to tell you, that he would come back as soon as he can." Charlie says, grabbing a piece of chocolate out of the box that Maeve has opened.

Maeve his his hand away. "Hey." Charlie smiles cheekily, putting the piece of chocolate in his mouth, chewing teasingly slow. Maeve rolls her eyes playfully. "So how are Harry and Beth?"

Beth is Charlie's wife, and Harry, short for Harriet, is their daughter. Charlie is a rocket scientist, working down in Florida for NASA, his wife, works as a history teacher at a local high school, while their daughter goes to primary school.