eleven

Season 6, Episode 20 & 21

'Hook, Line and Sinner' & 'How insensitive'

____

"Hey, is that Thomas Evans from Baylor?" Jackson asks, when he April and Maeve approach Meredith on the walkway, watching Cristina who walks away with the man.

"Yes, but don't get too excited. He's only here for one case." Meredith smiles.

"Heard he's doing a bloodless cagb on a beating heart." Maeve says, looking back at where Cristina and Evans walked just a second ago.

"Are you sure he is just here for one case?" April asks. "Because I overheard Chief Shepherd discussing the fact that Dr. Altman doesn't have a permanent contract. So it would actually be a really genius move on the chief's part to go in and seize that opportunity to-"

"Oh, here we go again." Jackson smirks. Maeve looks up at him, chuckling.

"What? Meredith asks smiling confused.

"Shut up." April says, looking discreetly at Jackson.

"She thinks your husband walks on water." Jackson explains amused, looking at April.

"I don't. I uhm... no, I'm... I mean, it's... it's a professional thing." April stutters. "It's, uhm... It's a mentor thing. He's, he's just my mentor
Because he's... he's married... to you."

Meredith throws Jackson and Maeve a confused but amused look, which both of them returns with tight lipped smiles, trying to hold in their laughs, watching April continue to ramble.

"And you guys are... are so great. And, uhm, together... together as in married couple. And you... you... you are so great."

"Wow." Jackson mutters sarcastically. Smiling to herself, Maeve pokes his side slightly, shaking her head.

"I, uhm, I do... I do think that your husband is brilliant, but I'm... I'm sure that you think that, too, so-" April stops herself, taking a few steps back, before practically fleeing the conversation. Meredith throws Jackson and Maeve an amused glance.

Maeve smiles awkwardly. "Anyways." She clears her throat. "Did Cristina, really deliver little Sloan's baby in Sloan's apartment?"

The younger blonde looks at Meredith, with raised eyebrows. Jackson leans down to her ear, keeping his eyes on Meredith. "Nice, change of topic."